• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Blue has suspected E.C - Question post 16

Rachel89

Mama Doe
:cry::cry::cry:

He was fine this morning and got back from stables at 12 and hes got mild head tilt, very little balance and very wobbly, he rolls over when he lays and when he trys to wash himself he ends up rolling backwards, so horrible to watch.

Had the emergancy vet and hes got zithromax and panacur, have to go back tomorrow to see the proper bunny vet.

My poor mr blue :(

Last edited:
Oh poor Blue. Its good you got him meds today. The quicker you get it diagnosed and start treatment the better. He will need metacam for painkiller and anti-inflammatory which helps the neck. You will have to treat all your buns that have contact with Blue with Panacure (or Lapizole) too. But you can discuss all of this with your vet tomorrow.

My Darcy had head tilt and we got treatment right away and after 3 months intensive medication treatment he made a full recovery. He was left with only a slight head tilt.

Sending vibes xxx

Oh no:( Vibes for Blue and you:(

Do the others have to be treated too, or is it just him? I worry about treating all mine and the bleaching as they are all on carpet:?

Oh no that's awful :( sending mega vibes for Blue, hope he improves soon. I know what it's like having a bun with EC, you feel so helpless :( hugs for you xx

thankyou, Jane thats all the vet gave, nothing else :?

Bought them all in so I can keep a close eye on him, got my bedroom windows wide open so its not too hot...will be sleeping with 8 duvets tonight I think :lol:

Thanks, my vets ill today so saw another vet who I haven't had before

Didnt find her very helpful really :?

He had 0,36ml of baytril and 02ml of duphacort q at vets and been given baytril to give to him daily (0.18mls) for 9das and panacur for all 4 (o5g) for 9days.

Brang him in lastnight with the chums so ased if that was right thing, said yes but can leave others outside (urrrm there bonded?) and wouldn' e a problem. Told her thoroughly cleaned there playhouse but didnt think I needed to. Really didnt say muh wich I was so disappointed with.

Hes teeth are quite sharp at the back to s once hes over this then he has to have a dental :(

Well panacuring all 4 of them was flipping disasterous, why did I take on two nervous girls who don;'t like being handled at the best of times :? :lol:
Tomorrows going to be worse as they will know whats coming :lol:

Poor Blue :cry: Sending him lots of vibes & hoping he can recover quickly.

Tip for panacur - pop it on a shreddie ;) They may take a little easier then :)

Brill will try sheddie tactic tonoight thanks :D

Blues head has tilted a little more this morning, nothing major but should I take him back to vets or keep an eye and see if it gets worse?

Brill will try sheddie tactic tonoight thanks :D

Blues head has tilted a little more this morning, nothing major but should I take him back to vets or keep an eye and see if it gets worse?

I'm sorry Rachael I missed your question this morning re Blue's headtilt :oops:

How is he now? Is he doing ok in himself & eating ok etc?

Did the shreddies work?

Hiya, that ok, hope Evie is doing better now.

Shreddies worked fab with the other three, never known Honey beso nice to handle, I have stocked up and warned everyone not to eat them :lol:

Blues having alot of trying balancing himself now and regually falling over ten ends up flalling on the floor, its so sad to watch, i did cry th first few times ( :oops: ). Vets said to bring him back tomorrow if he is still as bad.

Hes munching on hay but only eaten two pellets and a tiny bite of strawbery so couldn't do the shreddie tactic with him. Have left him with all his fave foodsto try and temp him but he seems to send the whole time laying down at the minute.

Back