• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I need to change vets

happysaz133

Wise Old Thumper
And I feel really guilty about it! Does that sound silly?

My vet has a mobile van, she comes to the village once a week for an hour on a Wednesday. She's just become too damn unreliable though, I have been trying for two weeks to get the rabbits myxi done, and she's not come either time, or she's left early. It's really annoying me now. She's a lovely person, but I am going to stop using her.

The other vet actually has a vets building (the other has a portakabin). He is an hour and a bit in the other direction, and I'll need to get a bus and train to get there. But he also comes to the village once a week for an hour on a Tuesday :D he is more expensive, but they need to be done. So we shall be going tomorrow, and I can also ask about spaying, seeing as this vet I can get to by public transport. They also have boarding kennels/cattery, so perhaps they will be willing to board I&J while they are spayed. Fingers crossed! :D

Are you in the middle of nowhere?? That sounds like a nightmare! You do need a reliable vet though so I hope the new one is better for you :)

I went today with them. All went well. Thy got their myxi jag, and this new vet shares my views. He recommends myxi once a year and recommends no VHD jag, which keeps my happy.

He said they were beautiful bunnies :D and he is happy to spay them when I am ready. He also said he has done lots of spays and is confident in doing them. :D

Back