• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dreadful Accident Only Just Avoided

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
OMG I am shaking and I feel sick

Next door are having their back garden paved over. This has involved the use of mechanical diggers as the underlying soil is clay and rock hard.

All the digging must have disturbed the fence posts. It is VERY windy here today and there was one ENORMOUS gust which took down TWO fence panels.
The panels fell into my garden where Victor and Lydia were free ranging. The panels only just missed them. Had the panels hit them both Buns would be dead.

Jeez......................................

oh gosh :shock: I hope they're going to sort it out!

The gusts are a bit lethal arent they, we have had to prop our fence up :lol:

I know exactly how that feels - only poss even a bit worse!

Benson and Lola were about 20 weeks and 13 weeks aprox. Stood under some lowish fencing in their area of the bunny yard. I leaned over the fence to stroke them. The fence collapsed, me on top of it and the bunnies underneath. I was terrified to move and see what was underneath!!!

I got up and in fear and dread, crying I lifted the flattened fence. There was one space underneath where the fence had rested on a couple of bricks which were holding it up - literally just the size of two mini lop bunnies and thats where my babies happened to be! I cried for hours with the shock!! I'm convinced the Lord was watching over two wee bunnies and their stupid owner!! :shock:

The fence collapsed, me on top of it and the bunnies underneath. I was terrified to move and see what was underneath!!!

I got up and in fear and dread, crying I lifted the flattened fence. There was one space underneath where the fence had rested on a couple of bricks which were holding it up - literally just the size of two mini lop bunnies and thats where my babies happened to be! :

That must have been terrifying :shock:

They are absolutely fine

It's me who is reaching for the Diazepam !!

Hope you're ok Jane, glad the buns are too. Hope your neighbours fix it securely.

I'm so glad they're okay and I hope you are!

Bloody wind. Years ago it blew our fence down and my little brother in law's rabbit hugs ran out onto the road. Horrible.

It's scary how easily freak accidents can happen.

Poppy used to live in a hutch next to the garage, against which were propped two big (6') fence panels. I never thought to worry about them because they were so big.

Came home from work one day and they'd blown down and crushed the hutch :shock:

By some kind of miracle Poppy was unhurt in a bit that hadn't been completely flattened, and didn't have any holes big enough for escape. But it could easily have been different :(

Glad your two are ok Jane x

Back