View Full Version : Molly into the vet today.

02-05-2011, 07:02 AM
Molly's off in today for a dental and x-rays. I'll ask for bloods to be taken too, my vets have only recently been starting to blood sample rabbits, so they still struggle with it but practice will make perfect. Feeling a bit worried so hope nothing untoward appears.

02-05-2011, 07:26 AM
Good luck Molly xx

Hugo's There
02-05-2011, 09:58 AM
Good luck Molly, I hope all goes well :wave:

mini lop1
02-05-2011, 10:00 AM
best of luck vibes

02-05-2011, 10:02 AM
Sending *vibes* for Molly.

02-05-2011, 03:25 PM
Of of work again soon, so phoned the main practice because I was getting stressed about not hearing anything yet. As it happens the vet who did the op is at my branch tonight and will speak to me there. Molly is apparently fine but now I'm worried about what the vet has to tell me!:roll::oops:

Here's hoping the news is good!

Hugo's There
02-05-2011, 07:02 PM
So pleased Molly is Ok. I hope you have had good news by now x

02-05-2011, 07:22 PM
Thanks, yes she's fine.
No spinal problems. Bloods being sent off because our practice cannot analyse then, apparently you need more blood from a rabbit tha a dog or cat!
Right side of mouth was terrible and the front tooth was loose but the vet couldn't get it out easily so she has to go back in 6 months for a check over.

So all bases are cover for the weakness and weight loss- panacur, x-rays, dental and bloods. We just have to wait for the blood results to come through!:D

Hugo's There
02-05-2011, 07:36 PM
How long do you have to wait for the results? I hate the waiting :(

I hope you are able to find the cause of Molly's problems and it can be easily treated :)

02-05-2011, 07:37 PM
Its usually about a week for blood results.

Hugo's There
02-05-2011, 07:38 PM
That is going to be one long week..........................

02-05-2011, 07:38 PM
Hope it all goes OK.

susie bun
02-05-2011, 10:13 PM
Hope you get reasssuring news. :wave:

02-05-2011, 11:36 PM
Thank you, pleased to say that Molly is already eating and has passed some droppings. I've kept her in a small cage in the house tonight and assuming all is well tomorrow she will go back and join the other two.

03-05-2011, 01:12 PM
I'm glad I kept Molly in last night because we had quite a frost this morning, however she looked pretty miserable and I was feeling a bit concerned when I left for work. She looked no better at 11, so I thought she was maybe missing her friends. I carried her back out to the trio indoor run, Snowy and Jessice hopped up to say hello, i plonked some grass and dandelions in and she started chomping straight away.
They had been separate for 28 hours and no bonding problems at all.:)