• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Molly into the vet today.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
Molly's off in today for a dental and x-rays. I'll ask for bloods to be taken too, my vets have only recently been starting to blood sample rabbits, so they still struggle with it but practice will make perfect. Feeling a bit worried so hope nothing untoward appears.

Of of work again soon, so phoned the main practice because I was getting stressed about not hearing anything yet. As it happens the vet who did the op is at my branch tonight and will speak to me there. Molly is apparently fine but now I'm worried about what the vet has to tell me!:roll::oops:

Here's hoping the news is good!

Thanks, yes she's fine.
No spinal problems. Bloods being sent off because our practice cannot analyse then, apparently you need more blood from a rabbit tha a dog or cat!
Right side of mouth was terrible and the front tooth was loose but the vet couldn't get it out easily so she has to go back in 6 months for a check over.

So all bases are cover for the weakness and weight loss- panacur, x-rays, dental and bloods. We just have to wait for the blood results to come through!:D

How long do you have to wait for the results? I hate the waiting :(

I hope you are able to find the cause of Molly's problems and it can be easily treated :)

Thank you, pleased to say that Molly is already eating and has passed some droppings. I've kept her in a small cage in the house tonight and assuming all is well tomorrow she will go back and join the other two.

I'm glad I kept Molly in last night because we had quite a frost this morning, however she looked pretty miserable and I was feeling a bit concerned when I left for work. She looked no better at 11, so I thought she was maybe missing her friends. I carried her back out to the trio indoor run, Snowy and Jessice hopped up to say hello, i plonked some grass and dandelions in and she started chomping straight away.
They had been separate for 28 hours and no bonding problems at all.:)

Back