• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone else dread going out for the evening because they're leaving the buns?

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
I hate it!! I'm constantly watching the time thinking how long they've been on their own for, and how normally i'd be with them for so long each night, and that they'll feel abandoned!! Went to my OHs mums for a birthday buffet at 4pm, I came home at 5.30 to feed the buns then went back. I was getting more and more agitated waiting til my OH was ready to leave!! We left at 9pm and I couldn't get home quick enough! :lol: the buns were fine, they have a whole room to run round in and lots of hay, I suppose I should worry less, but I just love being with them and hate being away from them :?

We do if we go out for the day which isn't very often, I can't wait to get home to all the buns and we never go out at night we just won't leave them :)

We don't leave ours, one of us is always here, night and day, the only we weren't was when we went to Amy's wedding in the evening and that was only for 2 hours

I know the feeling well! I don't go far and am always thinking of them especially now we have this sunny weather. I'd rather nip back to check all is okay than leave them a bit longer and worry. It's what I've decided my life is about now (my buns) and I am more than happy about it:love::love:

its mre I feel guilty as they cant just get up and go out so if we go out it means they cant play out. My otherhalf keeps saying but its only one day/night they'll not mind they have a great life here. They wouldn't want you to top living. If I know im going out say tommorrow I make sure they have the best fun in the garden today.
But its winnies little face at the back door that makes me feel bad. Oh and if we go away its only ever for 2 nights at a time and my mam "nan-nan" babysits them and I ring twice a day to check all is well and send postcard:oops:

i dread it - eric gets separation anxiety and his gut slows down.

i went to my parent's for lunch yesterday. i was out for less than 3 hours (at the time when eric is usually asleep anyway) and it happened again:(

esme is fine but she loves a massive nose and ear rub when i get back and we have to have a run around the garden:D

im not so bad now, but i used to be awful (had a camera and everything!!!)

i get uneasy if we have had an early start and don't come home till after 8pm but if i can pop home first before going out i don't worry at all.

i dread it - eric gets separation anxiety and his gut slows down.

i went to my parent's for lunch yesterday. i was out for less than 3 hours (at the time when eric is usually asleep anyway) and it happened again:(

esme is fine but she loves a massive nose and ear rub when i get back and we have to have a run around the garden:D

I think it's me that gets separation anxiety!! My buns are fine but the longer I'm away the more anxious I get :lol:

I have to work, but mine live outside in a shed and run and are perfectly happy with each other. They don't miss me at all!! I see them in the morning for breakfast and a quick run before I go to work, at about 4.30 or 5 for their tea and a longer run around and again about 9 for an hour run about and lock up about 10 or 10.30 in the shed.

I love school hols though because I enjoy the lazy mornings when I see them from 7 til about 9 which is the beginning of their wind down and they take themselves to the run to eat hay and snooze.

Don't ask me to go away all day though or ... gasps..... overnight!!! :shock:

I'd have to say, because we have kids it is rarely an issue. If we are out for the evening - twice last year :oops: - then whoever is babysitting has instructions to keep an eye on the buns.

If we are away for the day I always feel bad but given I am a stay at home mum they are rarely left alone. I think for the vast majority of the time they are pampered pets but the kids need their time too so we leave he buns locked in for the day.

Mine live in shed with run attached so they're ok. I'm out at work, so I like being home at the weekends, so they can run free in the garden. Hate going out for a whole day at weekend - feel awful about them being shut in. Earlier this year they chewed through their run, and escaped from the garden (not spayed at that time :() so I had to keep them in the shed all the time until I could get the garden "bunnyproofed" and a new run built. I was really miserable until I got it all sorted

Back