• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Matilda and baby's weight?

emmiiee

Warren Veteran
okay so weighed them earlier!

Matilda is 1.645kg shes a mini lop, 5 week after giving birth

Baby is 655g at 5 weeks old and is a mini lop cross

are these weights okay!! i have a feeling Matilda may be over weight

We can't tell you anything from that. Its not about what they shoudl or shouldn't weigh, its just about looking at each individual rabbit and assessing whether or not they are healthy.

How is Matilda's incontinence?

We can't tell you anything from that. Its not about what they shoudl or shouldn't weigh, its just about looking at each individual rabbit and assessing whether or not they are healthy.

How is Matilda's incontinence?

oo i thought there was a min and max for a certain type of rabbit!

and it seems to be doing okay! shes not full on weeing everywhere which she was before! and her back end is not as dirty, but still leaking a little bit! but the vet said it could take days weeks or months or maybe never get better, but its defo better than it was so thats hopeful!!

Its a bit like if I said to you, 'how much should a person weigh'?

I hope it improves and keeps improving.

Its a bit like if I said to you, 'how much should a person weigh'?

I hope it improves and keeps improving.

ooo lol!

and cos i heard that if a rabbit puts weight on then it could stop them from cleaning their back end, so thoguth this could apply to tils!

I would suggest taking her to a rabbit savvy vet for a full check over and seeing what they say about her weight and also her incontinence.

I would suggest taking her to a rabbit savvy vet for a full check over and seeing what they say about her weight and also her incontinence.

they vet weighed her when working out the meds etc, he didnt mention anything, i mean she dosn't look fat! and shes very active etc :/ can cut down on her food now anyway now tht shes stoped feeding baby! x

Back