• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Manchester/Stockport vets.....

pepperpot

Warren Scout
....who do you use in these areas please?

I've read about Ashleigh but wondered how their prices compare to other places...are they expensive because of their reputation?

I use Companion Care, which is the vets inside Pets @ Home Stockport.

They are fantastic with Penelope, really know thier stuff when it comes to bunnies, they always handle her so well. They are a great value for price too, and will always strive to do the best for your bun and accomadate you too.

I am a very anxious bun owner, Penelope was in last week with non-eating issues, and they kept her in. I hated this, but they rang me twice a day to let me know how she was doing. They also let me bring her home for the night after a few days as I didn't want her in there anymore. They were perfectly fine with this and gave me all the stuff to take care of her at home.

I am so glad I went with them in the end, they were the best out of all I had checked out. And i cannot recommend the vets Irene and Kevin enough. They are fabulous.

Hope that helps xx

Thanks for that.
I can get there in 10 minutes so that's good to know.

Would you know how they compare price wise :?

Grove Vetinary Hospital in New Mills - I've not been yet, just registered, but they have a lot of vets there who seem to have a really wide range of knowledge. And they're doing a special rabbit week in may with lots of freebies and free checks and a rabbit info evening so give them a ring for an invite.

They also do a free new pet check which is a really good thing I think x

When I was in Manchester we always used Ashleighs. Aiden is a bunny superstar :D I don't know how the prices differ to other vets around there though.

We're a bit too far now to carry on using them but if our vets (Briar Dawn in Shaw) are ever unsure of anything bunny related they get in touch with Ashleigh.

Grove Vetinary Hospital in New Mills - I've not been yet, just registered, but they have a lot of vets there who seem to have a really wide range of knowledge. And they're doing a special rabbit week in may with lots of freebies and free checks and a rabbit info evening so give them a ring for an invite.

They also do a free new pet check which is a really good thing I think x

I used to use Grove, You must live near me :wave:

:lol: neighbourinho! Were they good? I've not been yet - going in 2 weeks for the first time x

They aren't bad :) Complex stuff I usually take to Ashleigh but they are/were quite good at referring there anyway. There are probably different vets there now, I haven't been for possibly a year or more - drive past it most days though. Oh, and parking is a nightmare :lol: x

They aren't bad :) Complex stuff I usually take to Ashleigh but they are/were quite good at referring there anyway. There are probably different vets there now, I haven't been for possibly a year or more - drive past it most days though. Oh, and parking is a nightmare :lol: x

Lol great - I can barely make the car go forward never mind park the damn thing! Are you going to go to their rabbit evening later this month? They said to contact them for an invitation - lots of information and free goodies for the rabbits (yay!)

I use Companion Care, which is the vets inside Pets @ Home Stockport.

They are fantastic with Penelope, really know thier stuff when it comes to bunnies, they always handle her so well. They are a great value for price too, and will always strive to do the best for your bun and accomadate you too.

I am a very anxious bun owner, Penelope was in last week with non-eating issues, and they kept her in. I hated this, but they rang me twice a day to let me know how she was doing. They also let me bring her home for the night after a few days as I didn't want her in there anymore. They were perfectly fine with this and gave me all the stuff to take care of her at home.

I am so glad I went with them in the end, they were the best out of all I had checked out. And i cannot recommend the vets Irene and Kevin enough. They are fabulous.

Hope that helps xx

Also use companion care, though Eddie is registered at Ashleigh too for his eye. But I've found companion care to be brilliant so far, yes there was one vet I tried to avoid but I don't think he's there anymore, and all the others I've seen have been brilliant.
They have been amazing with Bindi and her fitting and trying to help her, and at least one of the receptionists recognises me :lol: (I am there at least once a month to pick up a prescription, and Eddie is very recognisable when he goes)

Thanks so much for your replies....food for thought!

I know where the New Mills one is but it's a bit of a trek to get there.
PAH is easy and looking at the A to Z Ashleigh shouldn't be too bad.

May go to PAH for jabs and anything else to Ashleigh....always fingers crossed that I never need them though!

Back