• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hmmm??

So my 2 absolutely LOVE dandelions.. The leaves, the stalk, the flower, the lot! Which is handy as there's loads in the garden!! I grow strawberries and give them the occasional leaf off the plants, but just wondering what other garden weeds they can eat?? Like nettles etc, just to recycle instead of buying and also probably be better and more tasty for them,,!! Any advice please??
Annmarie. X

Nettles, brambles, grass, dandelions, raspberry, lots of flowers - have a search for the 'foraging' threads and you'll find all sorts :wave:

Nettles, dead nettles (square stem, often have flowers, don't sting), goosegrass (aka sticky weed, cleavers), bramble leaves (silvery coating on the underside, lots of thorns!!) and plantain (ribbed stuff in the grass) are all things I feed mine.

I do dry the nettles first though by tying them up and hanging them in the garage or shed and I either dry (for Nutmeg) or peel off the thorns (for the other three) with brambles.

Back