• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Those with House Bunnies....

Every day sometimes twice aday. but it usually looks the same as before I hoovered about 10 minutes after each time :oops::lol:

I have 10 housebunnies and I don't really hoover unless someone is coming over :oops: I used to hoover obsessively but I kept blocking the hoover up with hay. So I sweep, even the carpets. I have an 8 and a pair, each has a 'base' room and the 'base' rooms get swept once or twice a day depending on how messy they are

I have two indoor bunnies, and only hoover when I know someone is coming round. I'm lazy and scruffy though :oops:

My mum came round unexpectedly yesterday and was not happy at all with the mess :oops:

Two of my rabbits are housebuns.

I vacuum once a day, sometimes twice if Sugar decides to dig the hay out of the tray or if Herbie is in one of his 'poo on the move' moods. :lol:

Sugar isn't too keen on the hoover and retreats under the chair, but Herbie doesn't care and won't even move when I go right up to him. I usually end up hoovering around him. :roll:

I've just got two buns but only hoover roughly once a week. Most of their mess stays in their pen - there are obviously bits of hay that get dragged around the house, but it doens't seem to be a huge amount. I probably do it extra if we're expecting visitors.

2 bunnies.

It *needs* hoovering every day, but I'm vile, so I only do it once a week.

The bunnies any chinchillas are terrified of the hoover and it's too much effort to move them all to a separate room every day to hoover.

I haven't got time to hoover everyday :shock: After 12.5 hours in work there is no way I am hoovering the whole house. No way :shock:

I hoover the whole house once a week. And sweep a few times a day when I'm home.

The hay gets everywhere as they are total free range.

2 bunnies.

They are only allowed downstairs and I have laminate floor in one room and tiles in the other.

I sweep usually once a day, but it depends - if they find their way into the hay bag I have to sweep up again as they make a right mess! (They have plenty of fresh hay in their beds and boxes but they'd rather eat straight from the bag!

I mop a couple of times a week (And fell on it last Thursday so haven't done it since, only just recovered! :roll: )

I hoover once a week when I clean Pierre out, he has blankets outside his cage so most of the mess is caught then I shake it :)

I know I should probably do it more, but Pierre is scared of the hoover and to be honest I can't be bothered to do it when I get in from work. When I move into my new place he will have his own room so I will be much more insistent on hoovering and making sure hes clean as he won't have a cage anymore.

You guys are going to think I'm disgusting now but with Obie and Pie in seperate pens (until tuesday!) I haven't been able to hoover. Obie is petrified of the hoover (we have a really noisy Dyson) and ends up hyperventilating and just shaking, poor thing. It's quite upsetting to watch. So I haven't hoovered the lounge for over a month :oops: I do sweep up the excess hay everyday with a dust pan and brush though.
When they are bonded I will do it every other day as they are both really clean.

I have 10 housebunnies and I don't really hoover unless someone is coming over :oops: I used to hoover obsessively but I kept blocking the hoover up with hay. So I sweep, even the carpets. I have an 8 and a pair, each has a 'base' room and the 'base' rooms get swept once or twice a day depending on how messy they are

I do this too :) glad it's not just me!! Only because the buns are terrified of the Hoover. I Hoover downstairs once a week but don't do upstairs very often because that's where the buns live. I brush the carpet in their room and sometimes use the dustbuster on the rest of upstairs.

You guys are going to think I'm disgusting now but with Obie and Pie in seperate pens (until tuesday!) I haven't been able to hoover. Obie is petrified of the hoover (we have a really noisy Dyson) and ends up hyperventilating and just shaking, poor thing. It's quite upsetting to watch. So I haven't hoovered the lounge for over a month :oops: I do sweep up the excess hay everyday with a dust pan and brush though.
When they are bonded I will do it every other day as they are both really clean.

Don't worry about it, I don't :)

I do this too :) glad it's not just me!! Only because the buns are terrified of the Hoover. I Hoover downstairs once a week but don't do upstairs very often because that's where the buns live. I brush the carpet in their room and sometimes use the dustbuster on the rest of upstairs.

yeah Lucy is terrified too. I am pretty lazy to be honest :oops: my house is a bit disgusting, but I have to keep the downstairs clean for Grace

I should do it every day......I don't! :lol::lol:

I sweep the kitchen everyday, and try to mop it every other day. The rest of the house gets hoovered twice a week, but it's never usually that bunnified. :)

Back