PDA

View Full Version : pets at home sellin giants!!

louiseb1000
01-05-2011, 06:19 PM
we called in today to get some hay as team munch alot have eaten the lot again lol
they had some fundraiser outside and a giant rabbit who apparently is only 8 wks old on the car park in a run with no were to hide smack bang on a busy roundabout poor thing it killed me leavin it there:(

elis-mum
01-05-2011, 06:21 PM
:cry: you'd think they would know better.. i'd have had to say something.

lottielouise
01-05-2011, 06:24 PM
lol I tried offering a bun a home last year, saying it would love my shed!, the blokes reply was its a house rabbit, it can't go to an outside home, that its breed. I was like no its a continental giant, and it would be happy in a shed!! he wasn't impressed needless to say. Poor thing had been there a good 18 months :(

louiseb1000
01-05-2011, 06:30 PM
lol I tried offering a bun a home last year, saying it would love my shed!, the blokes reply was its a house rabbit, it can't go to an outside home, that its breed. I was like no its a continental giant, and it would be happy in a shed!! he wasn't impressed needless to say. Poor thing had been there a good 18 months :(

Oh they wudnt tell me if it was a buck or doe as there was a compition on!!! AND THAT THEY WERE 70 QUID very very expensive !! errr i have a job u stupid bint and im not the one half scarin the bun half to death she then told us bun is friendly as kids have been prodding it all day i cud just cry:(

elis-mum
01-05-2011, 06:31 PM
some people have no idea. :( poor thing.

Snouter
01-05-2011, 06:48 PM
we called in today to get some hay as team munch alot have eaten the lot again lol
they had some fundraiser outside and a giant rabbit who apparently is only 8 wks old on the car park in a run with no were to hide smack bang on a busy roundabout poor thing it killed me leavin it there:(

Oh they wudnt tell me if it was a buck or doe as there was a compition on!!! AND THAT THEY WERE 70 QUID very very expensive !! errr i have a job u stupid bint and im not the one half scarin the bun half to death she then told us bun is friendly as kids have been prodding it all day i cud just cry

If the giant rabbit is the responsibility of P@H, it looks like the P@H store concerned is failing to comply with the store's Pet Shop Licence Conditions in several respects.

For example:

Displaying in an outside enclosure.
Nowhere to hide.
Allowing customers to 'interfere' with the poor rabbit by prodding it all day.

The P@H store and its staff have a legal obligation to comply with the Licence Conditions of the local Council.

This thread might help:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=94160

Nemily
01-05-2011, 07:06 PM
oh my goodness thats terrible, poor poor bunny :(:(:(:(:(

xSmeffy123x
01-05-2011, 07:11 PM
go back and have a stern word... the more i read about pets at home the more mortified i get... i once had to rescue a bunnie that had hopped over the shabby enclosure they had... i went to them excuse me but you have the job to do and you were lucky i was there!

newbabybuns
01-05-2011, 08:06 PM
:no: :shock: I think that deserves a letter to head office.

If they ever take a baby step forward they go ahead and seem to take one massive one backwards with something like this.