• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I want a Cat

whitehood

Warren Veteran
Mentioned to my mum she sad are you mad !?
I asked my Dad and he said buy a cat horse dog and more rabbits and turn this house into a zoo :(
Cats are such majestic creatures and so :love:
I want to get one for my birthday in November and force my parents or I will make their lives hell :evil:
No I'm just joking and sounding like a baby :(
I really really want one :(
I took care of two for my cousin once and adored them :)
Mods sorry plz move :(

Aww :( I always find it odd when parents don't allow cats because I've always had cats as long as I can remember. It just seems odd to me to not have cats.

You should convince your parents that they're very easy to care for pets. Feed twice a day, water daily, scoop litterpan daily if you use scoopable litter, and thats it as far as daily care goes, super easy! Cats aren't loud, annoying, and dirty like dogs and can be very polite, depending on the cat. My dad a minute ago said to Kovu "Could you move, please?" and he meowed and jumped down from where he was sitting. He's so sweet! :D

Aww :( I always find it odd when parents don't allow cats because I've always had cats as long as I can remember. It just seems odd to me to not have cats.

You should convince your parents that they're very easy to care for pets. Feed twice a day, water daily, scoop litterpan daily if you use scoopable litter, and thats it as far as daily care goes, super easy! Cats aren't loud, annoying, and dirty like dogs and can be very polite, depending on the cat. My dad a minute ago said to Kovu "Could you move, please?" and he meowed and jumped down from where he was sitting. He's so sweet! :D

Aw
My mum says their fur is bad
I'm defo going to get a rescue cat in November
Ty I'll explain this to them in november, I bet the answer will be no!
If it is no, I'll persuade them on fostering :)

My step brother her son wasn't allowed to have pets in his flat so he gave them to me to look after while he searched for another flat.
I had them for 2 months, she didn't mind while it was his cats she shouldn't mind if I have a cat, because I'm her son too.
If she is scared by the fur then I'll give him the garage to live in he can go outisde from the window.

If she is scared by the fur then I'll give him the garage to live in he can go outisde from the window.

How is that fair on the cat? Surely a cat should be a family pet, not an animal you have because you want it but force it to live in the garage away from human interaction because one of the household doesn't want it :? How much interaction and cosiness would the poor thing get in the winter if it has a choice of an empty garage or the outdoors?

Sadly it's a fact of life that we can't always have what we want, when we want it, and sometimes with good reason too. I would suggest of dreaming that one day you might be in a position to take care of a cat responsibly and in a way that is good for the cat as well as for you :)

I've wanted a cat all my life, I adore them. But you've got to think about a lot of things before getting a cat, they are a big responsibility.

With fostering you will have to say goodbye to the cats once they've found a forever home, you'll get very attatched to them but have to let them go, could you do that?

aww :( Hope you get one, they really are lovely! This is my boy :love:

fooyj.jpg

How is that fair on the cat? Surely a cat should be a family pet, not an animal you have because you want it but force it to live in the garage away from human interaction because one of the household doesn't want it :? How much interaction and cosiness would the poor thing get in the winter if it has a choice of an empty garage or the outdoors?

Sadly it's a fact of life that we can't always have what we want, when we want it, and sometimes with good reason too. I would suggest of dreaming that one day you might be in a position to take care of a cat responsibly and in a way that is good for the cat as well as for you :)

^^^ this. cats will often go and find somewhere else to live if they dont like where they are. Also I assume it will be your parents that are paying for the cat and its upkeep? If so you need to consider that they may not want to.

i will be honest I love my two to bits but the odd time I come down in the morning and they have been sick or bought something dead in its a pain. And yes their fur is an issue I have quite a few clothes I cant wear if I am going anywhere near Sandy cat

My step brother her son wasn't allowed to have pets in his flat so he gave them to me to look after while he searched for another flat.
I had them for 2 months, she didn't mind while it was his cats she shouldn't mind if I have a cat, because I'm her son too.

To be honest I wouldn't want to confine a cat to one room, especially a garage. My cats love running up and down the stairs and running around the house constantly. One minute they're asleep, the next they're running around the house causing trouble.

Cats also live for a long time and although you live with your parents now, if you get a younger cat what happens in a few years if you move out or away for uni ( I sound like my mum when I was your age!)

How is that fair on the cat? Surely a cat should be a family pet, not an animal you have because you want it but force it to live in the garage away from human interaction because one of the household doesn't want it How much interaction and cosiness would the poor thing get in the winter if it has a choice of an empty garage or the outdoors?

While I wouldn't lock my cats in the garage or allow them to go outside, how many people here have outdoor cats? How much time could they really be spending with them? I don't agree with it because its dangerous but really it seems to be the norm in the UK, no? :?

While I wouldn't lock my cats in the garage or allow them to go outside, how many people here have outdoor cats? How much time could they really be spending with them? I don't agree with it because its dangerous but really it seems to be the norm in the UK, no? :?

My cats are outdoors but they spend the majority of times indoors. :wave:

I love cats, and I've always wanted one :love: but I'm really allergic to them :( And my mum is allergic to any pet with fur really :( . So I wont be allowed any indoor pets until I move out, the only pet I can have really is a bunny, but they're my fave anyway :love::love::love:
x x x

I think the issue is about choice. If a cat has a choice to get company or go outside, then that's different from being forced to live outside, with no company.

Our cat was incredibly expensive- into thousands- when she got ill (she was uninsurable) which is a huge expense.

I think having a cat would be a great aim for the future when you're in your own home and self sufficient :)

I agree with this, and if the cats are going outside you also have to accept that they may have an accident and have large vet bills, also when they get older they are not an easy to keep pet as Wiliam suggests but need a lot of care and often have very expensive vet bills.

I too have outdoor cats and they still have a large amount of interaction, they come in every night and wander about with me outside while doing the mucking out.

Some cats will be fine with being kept inside the house but for some cats it would be cruel to keep them indoors, for example if they've previously been allowed outside or are just 'outdoor cats' but then the risks of going outdoors would be getting hit by cars, breeding with other cats if not spayed/neutered, fights with other pets like stray cats etc, and people. I saw in a newspaper last week some sick people were going round poisoning pet cats in certain areas, my friends cat was stolen and my parents cat (when I was a baby) was killed by the neighbours :(

I think the issue is about choice. If a cat has a choice to get company or go outside, then that's different from being forced to live outside, with no company.

That is true, I didn't think of that.

I agree with this, and if the cats are going outside you also have to accept that they may have an accident and have large vet bills, also when they get older they are not an easy to keep pet as Wiliam suggests but need a lot of care and often have very expensive vet bills.

Yeah, my 13 year old cost a lot in vet bills. I was assuming there wasn't a money issue though.

Oops my mistake :roll:

I'd keep it in the house then, and it would be outdoors as well,
How do I find out if my mum is allergic to cats? If she is then I wont adopt one if not then I'll try and adopt one asking her and dad.
I bought all three of my rabbits without her knowing with my dad :angel:
She began to like them :)
But I wont get a cat without her knowing, I'll ask her if I could foster and persuade her to let me.
If she begins to like the cat and act like he is like our own cat ?I could adopt him/her.

Oops my mistake :roll:

I'd keep it in the house then, and it would be outdoors as well,
How do I find out if my mum is allergic to cats? If she is then I wont adopt one if not then I'll try and adopt one asking her and dad.
I bought all three of my rabbits without her knowing with my dad :angel:
She began to like them :)
But I wont get a cat without her knowing, I'll ask her if I could foster and persuade her to let me.
If she begins to like the cat and act like he is like our own cat ?I could adopt him/her.

If some one else hasn't already been looking into adopting the cat, you'd have to let the cat/s go if they found their forever home. I couldn't foster because I'd be too upset at having to see them go.

Back