• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spaying ...

Beano's was around £80.

Make sure you find a good, rabbit savvy vet to do it, ask them some questions first to make sure they have experience :)

usually £100 but its half price neutering month so only cost £50 for mabel to be done, this included all drugs, painkillers, anesthetic, and 2 check up appointments afterwards

my vet said £90 ish. he also went onto say what a horrible difficult job it is to do, talked about having to cut thru the fat and be careful of the arteries, said he would do it if i really wanted it done but doesnt like doing it ....

am thinking new vets :lol:

I think the average is about £90 :?

I think Heather's was about £60-70

ETA - She chewwed out all her stitches though and had to have staples put in instead so that cost a bit more :wave:

My vet does it for £90, with no complications. I have two to do this month. River and Matilda. :shock:

£86 here. This includes an overnight stay, plus two follow up appointments. If there is any problem with stitches etc you can have extra check ups free aswell.

The vet nurse also goes out to pick fresh grass and dandelions to try and get them to eat when they come round, I thought that was really sweet!! Neither of my two that have had it done would eat anything at all though :lol:

Just one more to go, and not sure about that one :?

my vet said £90 ish. he also went onto say what a horrible difficult job it is to do, talked about having to cut thru the fat and be careful of the arteries, said he would do it if i really wanted it done but doesnt like doing it ....

am thinking new vets :lol:

That's awful!!! New vet asap I think!!! :shock: he obviously doesn't know what he's doing and is trying to put you off!! :?

It cost me £186 for charlie and grace who were both done at the same time, but gracie wasnt eating very much after so i had to take her back which cost me around another £30. xxxxxxxx

Honey was £62 and free check up after, Bracken must of been done about a year after Honey and diff vets costs £84 with free follow up check ups.

Jose's spay was about £60, and then it was another £100 for her aftercare as she went into stasis after the op and nearly died

I will never ever have another rabbit spayed/neutered, I cant go through all that stress and heartache - so I'll always go to a rescue where they're already done :D

Back