• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Could I have made it anymore obvious ?

CharlotteMc

Mama Doe
went to the garden centre today with my mum and saw a 3ft X 1ft double hutch with a ramp. I then saw a couple go up to it an where looking at the price and nodding. I went over and pretended to look at the hay next to it. I heard the woman say - yeah this is the size i want.
They then went to look at the rabbit food next to it.
So i went over to the hutch and said to me mum - £100 for this hutch :O it wont last throught winter attall. OMG its only 3ft :/ a rabbit would never be able to live in this it woulndt be able to turn round. i would never waste my money on this. ou could buy a good 6ft hutch and 6ft run for £50 more off the internet.
My mum was like ... mmmm ok.
I hope no rabbit will ever live in this.
I hope the couple heard me :lol:

aw I really feel for you. It's so difficult in situations like that. Hopefully they heard you and took it to heart. Unfortunately a lot of people want a small hutch to fit in to a space in the garden etc and don't consider what the animal needs :(

I always wish I had the courage to just talk to people but the one time I did that I got shouted down by a rather large man and it was quite scary!

aw I really feel for you. It's so difficult in situations like that. Hopefully they heard you and took it to heart. Unfortunately a lot of people want a small hutch to fit in to a space in the garden etc and don't consider what the animal needs :(

I always wish I had the courage to just talk to people but the one time I did that I got shouted down by a rather large man and it was quite scary!

I was too scared to talk to them so talked to mum but made sure they heard me lol :lol:

You done it More subtly than I'd do it.....I'd be like 'OI DAD, come see this stupidly tiny little hutch, what kind of cruel horrible person would keep a bunny in this?!?' And I'd practically be standing on said persons feat........:lol::lol:
Good on you for getting the message across! :thumb:
x x x

You done it More subtly than I'd do it.....I'd be like 'OI DAD, come see this stupidly tiny little hutch, what kind of cruel horrible person would keep a bunny in this?!?' And I'd practically be standing on said persons feat........:lol::lol:
Good on you for getting the message across! :thumb:
x x x

:lol::lol::lol::lol: oh i wish i could be like that!!

my neighbour told me on weds that a house around the corner from us had 3 hutches in the drive with a sign saying 'free just take them'.

i went over and the biggest was about 3' by 2' and the wire was thin and they were badly home made and old. i went straight back with the car and took them all straight to the tip after taking a sledge hammer to them!... :?

next time, maybe try getting up the courage to talk to them :)

i find it gets the message across a lot better by talking to people - a lot of the time, they don't even realise that a hutch is too small.

after all, the time most of these people would have had bunnys before / would have seen bunnys, they would have been in 3 foot hutches.
when i was growing up, a 3 foot hutch was the norm. heck, everyone thought our bunny was spoilt for having a 2 tier hutch.

i find that people usually respond better to an explanation and a friendly chat than hearing mean things or having words like "cruel" thrown around.

a lot of the time, it isn't people being cruel, it is ignorance.
and most people are willing to provide what is right for a pet if they know what is needed

if people see 3 foot hutches being sold, unless anyone takes the time to explain properly, how are they to know it isn't ok :wave:

(that's my 2 cents, shall butt out now lol)

Ill be honest I would have gone over and told them and also complained to the pet shop - I have done it many times and been asked to leave on a few occassions too :oops:

Ill be honest I would have gone over and told them and also complained to the pet shop - I have done it many times and been asked to leave on a few occassions too :oops:

I'm one of those people too. I can't bear to see people being ripped off with rubbish accommodation (not to mention the poor animal destined for a miserable life in it) when you can buy decent stuff for a few quid extra. I've never been asked to leave a pet shop so I'm obviously discrete enough :D

Back