• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

2 quick questions ..

abi2047

Mama Doe
Would a baby bunny or an older bunny be better to bond with Riley? I don't know his exact age but Riley is about 3 or 4.

Does the new bunny have to be spayed/neutured straight away or could I wait a bit for him/her to settle in?

Would a baby bunny or an older bunny be better to bond with Riley? I don't know his exact age but Riley is about 3 or 4.

Does the new bunny have to be spayed/neutured straight away or could I wait a bit for him/her to settle in?

Hmm, a baby wouldn't be as territorial and could grow up being submissive to Riley (Then again you'd have to wait for them to grow up a bit before they're neutered or spayed), but with an older rabbit their personality has already formed so you could choose one that you think would match with Riley.

If they're old enough it can be done straight away, you might want to get them used to you first though

I'm not sure about the age thing but quite a few people on here have bonded bunnies which are different ages, personally I'd try to look for one around his age.

I think the second question is up to you, whether you want to let the bunny settle in and get used to you first or get her spayed :wave:

I read on here a few days ago that if the girl is a baby bun then it is usually one of the easiest bonds as the male isn't intimidated or threatened by the baby in any way, and the female wouldn"t have developed hormones yet, so the baby can be bonded before its spayed. But she HAS to be spayed as soon as possible to stop the bond from breaking :wave: :D
x x x

I would say a baby is best. That is why I'm hoping to get my next rabbit as an 8 week old, neutering at 12 wks, let him heal for a couple weeks, and then bonding, because he will still be very young at that point.

Personally I would go for an older bun rather than a baby but its all down to personal choice.
An older bun, if youre lucky may already be spayed, whilst you would have to wait with a baby.. If you bonded straight away you could end up with a fall out when babys hormones kick in
Just a thought:wave:

Back