• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fastest bonds?

tiger_lily

Mama Doe
I was really surprised how quickly Oscar and Jessie took to each other, within a few hours of being together they were grooming each other and snuggling up together :love: I know it's still early days yet and things could still go wrong, although they have half the front room now and things are still fine.

So I was wondering, what is the fastest bond you have done/know of? Did it last?

My sister's rabbits, Simba and Dexter.
No humping, no chasing. They went into the dog crate and were instantly bonded. :shock:

Both my bonds were fabulous and one is just sheer love, it makes me all fuzzy when I see them!!

my 3 were pretty much fine from the moment they went together. That was about a year ago now.:D

Roger was in love at first sight for all three of his girlfriends. :love: Summer in particular.

Both mine were easy, although Gordon was very nervous to begin with there was never any fighting/humping etc and after one night together they were acting like they'd known eachother forever :love:

Jemimah and Brian were love at first sight bunnies. No fighting, no humping, no anger, just love, grooms and more love. Sleep well Bri-bri.

x

Bugsy and his first wifey Steffi were love at first sight - literally minutes of meeting. Poppy and Pebbles were also love at first sight ( through the bars of their cages until they were both neutered) I could tell instantly that their bond would be an easy one and it was!

Bugsy, however, he resisted all attempts to bond with Chloe but she was a persistent little thing (jumped over the two foot run panels to get to him!) eventually he caved in :love:

Now I really worry about bonding the four of them, because Bugsy is still aggressive to Poppy and Pebbles through the run partition - fur pulling and occasional lunging, and the four have been living side by side for about a year now :(

eli and dorothy bonded instantly which was great as that was my first bond. when i lost eli and got buddy it was about a week to bond him to dot.

when we lost dot and i got maisie it took again about a week for bud to bond to her but i think he was still grieveing for dot as he really loved her.(he is very laid back though)

after loosing maisie i got blousy and tallulah and he was fine with them wthin a couple of days.

glad your bond went well. :)

My two were really fast as well! I was a bit worried because I took Pipkin to meet Ruby at the rescue and there was a bit of chasing and nipping then.
When I actually brought Ruby home though it was fine. A little humping from Pipkin and that was it. They will have been together 2 years in September and there has never been any trouble.

easiest bond was Oliver with Sugar & Spice. Oliver had lost his long term girlfriend and was getting used to being on his own. Then we introduced Sugar & Spice. You could practically see the look of surprise on their faces as they all realised there were other rabbits - a lot of sniffing went on and all were quite wary but never any fighting at all.

Worst ever bond was Topsy and Thunder. Had to rescue Thunder by lifting her out of the run, and when we did, Topsy ended up swinging from Thunder's bum, where she had firmly wedged her teeth and refused to let go. It was awful.:cry: But they did actually end up living together happily - took weeks and weeks tho

Not sure but I think Rabbitfantothemax's sister's two, Mini and Nibbles because the put them in a run, put the lid inside (like a gate) then slowly lifted it out. They were bonded like that! :D

Mine were never actually bonded, when I first had my rabbits I was clueless, didnt reallise they may fight, and after seeing some threads on here im glad that never happened with mine, so at points I have added 3 rabbits together all female, never actually bonded just put them all in a shed together, and they got on straight away, never had any fights or anything and there was about 18 months - 2 years age gap between them all

When Ollie lost his brother he bonded with Penny instantly. She lay down, he lay down and put his paw on her, they ate their tea and that was it :D

When we lost her several weeks ago, we tried him with another bunny, but indifference quickly turned to hate and it wasn't fair on either bun :(

His previously partners were both small and black, so I'm looking out for the right gal to try again.

Marvin and Maisie were unbelievably easy. Within 30 seconds they were flopped out together and seemed to take to each other instantly. I was told Marvin was very good with other rabbits, and Maisie had been alone the majority of her life before Marvin so I think she was just glad for company. :D

Back