• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Female humping. What do you think?

Trixielover

Mama Doe
Hi :wave:
I have two buns, boy and girl, Domino has been neutered and Tallulah has not yet been spayed. She keeps humping him and he does not like it! Today, they have had 2 little fights (well not really fights as such but where she's humped him, he's tried to shake her of but she doesn't want to let go :roll:) Is it just spring fever or do I need to get her done? :?

PS They were born on the 19th of Jan ;)

Last edited:
Yes, you will need to gte her done. For girls it protects them against cervical and other female cancers later on in life. It is very important health wise not just behaviourwise :wave:

Yes, you will need to gte her done. For girls it protects them against cervical and other female cancers later on in life. It is very important health wise not just behaviourwise :wave:

I was going to get her done anyway, is she old enough? :wave:

she def needs done imagine from her point of view shes up for it but hes constantly got a head ache, this will upset her and make her think well he must not like me and hes like this crazy sex-pest wont leave me alone. If she continues he could really hurt her as hes getting annoyed. Also as mentioned above it prevents cancer.
Speak to your vet and explain the problem. For now a cold shower may be an option ;):lol:

Norty girl. :lol::lol::lol:

It sounds as though she is probably reaching maturity - spring fever hit Alfie about 2 mths ago and he still hasn't let up yet. :roll::lol:

It's great that you were going to get her spayed anyway. :thumb: The only issue might be her age. My vet spays from about 4 1/2 to 5 mths, but some prefer to wait until 6 mths or until bunny has reached a specified weight (1kg seems to be the norm).

As already said, I would speak to the vet about this behaviour and see when he/she is willing to spay.

I agree that getting her spayed is what is needed. However I would not want to spay her before 5-6 months (regardless of body weight) unless absolutely essential. So you may need to consider a temporary separation as if the humping continues a real fight is almost certain to occur. This would mean not only injury to one or both of them but also any future rebonding would be very much harder to achieve.

Back