• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wet feet

Nicola1

Wise Old Thumper
The big group wee everywhere, I am constantly mopping up puddles :roll:

I think it is because poor little Gracie can't help weeing all over, then the others pee everywhere because she is.

They keep getting wet feet, and Ruby and Zero especially are starting to look a bit grubby with them having white feet.

Of course I mop the puddles up as soon as I notice them but if I am out at work or somewhere I obviously can't.

Will it do them any harm to constantly have wet feet? (They're indoors)

Could you neutralise the area with vinegar by taking them out,
And when its dry put them back in :)
Or have more than one litter tray and place it where she wees?
:wave:

Could you neutralise the area with vinegar by taking them out,
And when its dry put them back in :)
Or have more than one litter tray and place it where she wees?
:wave:

I have neutralised the area a few times but we think Grace is incontinent

Could you try puppy training mats?
They are £1.99 in home bargains I think you get 14, I had the same problem with Delilah just peeing on the spot:roll: shes stopped now but the pads worked great:wave:

Could you try puppy training mats?
They are £1.99 in home bargains I think you get 14, I had the same problem with Delilah just peeing on the spot:roll: shes stopped now but the pads worked great:wave:

I think I am going to invest in some, but I can't line my whole house :lol:

Not sure how big their area is, but would it be possible to line it completely with vet bed? It draws moisture away from the surface, so even when they wee they wont get wet feet. Would be alot of washing though :shock::lol:

Not sure how big their area is, but would it be possible to line it completely with vet bed? It draws moisture away from the surface, so even when they wee they wont get wet feet. Would be alot of washing though :shock::lol:

They have a room to themselves when we're out and the whole downstairs when we're in

They have a room to themselves when we're out and the whole downstairs when we're in

Oh, scrap that idea then :oops::lol:

Dont know what else to suggest. Atleast with them being indoors the risk of fly strike is minimal. Maybe a little foot wash ever so often would help keep them clean.

Poor Gracie, why is she incontinent hun? :(

Oh, scrap that idea then :oops::lol:

Dont know what else to suggest. Atleast with them being indoors the risk of fly strike is minimal. Maybe a little foot wash ever so often would help keep them clean.

Poor Gracie, why is she incontinent hun? :(

Not really sure :( she is very underweight, her coat is in awful condition. She's inbred and has been bred from so that could be why.

I keep on drying their little feetses

Not really sure :( she is very underweight, her coat is in awful condition. She's inbred and has been bred from so that could be why.

I keep on drying their little feetses

:evil: Poor girl :( I guess shes being panacured? Loads of vibes for her xxx

:evil: Poor girl :( I guess shes being panacured? Loads of vibes for her xxx

The vet treated her for worms, mites, lice etc not sure what he used though :? it wasn't Panacur it was an injection. I'm taking her back next week so I'll ask him. Might be worth putting them all on a course of Panacur as they've all lost weight don't know if it's just from having more exercise and not having their winter coats so they look thinner

The vet treated her for worms, mites, lice etc not sure what he used though :? it wasn't Panacur it was an injection. I'm taking her back next week so I'll ask him. Might be worth putting them all on a course of Panacur as they've all lost weight don't know if it's just from having more exercise and not having their winter coats so they look thinner

Yeh Id say a course of Panacur might be an idea, just incase theres any EC present. Mine also look thinner without their winter coats though, so hopefully its just that :wave:
Has the vet treated her for a UTI atall, or has that been ruled out?

Yeh Id say a course of Panacur might be an idea, just incase theres any EC present. Mine also look thinner without their winter coats though, so hopefully its just that :wave:
Has the vet treated her for a UTI atall, or has that been ruled out?

He did tell me to bring a urine sample in to test for a UTI but last time I rushed her in as an emergency because she collapsed :cry: so I never had a sample with me. I *think* the treatment she had though would have treated a UTI anyway though, she has been on baytril.

I'll definitely get some panacur next time I go :wave:

I would be really concerned about keeping Grace within the group. There is a major risk to all the other Rabbits from the possibility of the spread of EC. Grace's symptoms certainly fit with EC and EC is spread via spores excreted in the urine.

Just my opinion and I hope I am totally wrong.

Also, feet frequently wet from urine can result in dermatitis/sore hocks/infection.
Then there is the Flystrike risk now that the weather is so much warmer.

IAlso, feet frequently wet from urine can result in dermatitis/sore hocks/infection.

This is the kind of thing I was worried about Jane :wave: especially with Lucy being a rex.

Is it not too late to take her out though as they're already been exposed to her? She spends most of her time away from them anyway now.

Poor Grace is having a right bad time isn't she, auntie kayleigh will have to buy some nice little treats for her and the gang for when I bring the baby pigs to you:D Nicola what are her eyes like any signs of cataracts or not, just wondering if all of these problems with grace and lola are down to bad breeding xx

Poor Grace is having a right bad time isn't she, auntie kayleigh will have to buy some nice little treats for her and the gang for when I bring the baby pigs to you:D Nicola what are her eyes like any signs of cataracts or not, just wondering if all of these problems with grace and lola are down to bad breeding xx

you will :D I know it's hard because I don't want to keep assuming everything is down to bad breeding :? she hasn't shown any sign of cataracts

you will :D I know it's hard because I don't want to keep assuming everything is down to bad breeding :? she hasn't shown any sign of cataracts

I must warn you these baby pigs can runs as fast as lightening and respond to ruby for food:oops: I always thought it was down to bad breeding with Lola, the rest of the rabbits can eat anything without getting an upset tum but Lola goes straight into stasis, shes so well know at the vets aswell:roll::lol:

I must warn you these baby pigs can runs as fast as lightening and respond to ruby for food:oops: I always thought it was down to bad breeding with Lola, the rest of the rabbits can eat anything without getting an upset tum but Lola goes straight into stasis, shes so well know at the vets aswell:roll::lol:

:lol::lol: they must think ruby means food bless them.

I think I might have to separate Gracie and put her on some vetbed :( xx

:lol::lol: they must think ruby means food bless them.

I think I might have to separate Gracie and put her on some vetbed :( xx

Ruby is missing the boys bless her, Henry is over the moon to have a little friend though:love:

Poor Grace I hope she starts to improve very soon, there is one thing though the piece of :censored: that had her before wouldnt have even noticed anything wrong with her, her teeth were a fine example of that! Im glad she has you nicola :D xx

Back