• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

buns and moving house...

shell1805

Mama Doe
:wave: hey guys,

we're moving in a months time and i was wondering if you guys had any suggestions to make it as stress free as i can for bella and jasper??

should i restrict their space in the flat untill they feel completely at home??

Good luck, I know what you are going through, we will be moving in a month too.

Im not too worried about my house buns as I remember how quickly they settled in here but I am really worried about the shed buns. We are going to have to put them in a boarding place while we build their new enclosure. The house currently has a none usable kitchen too, guess which I am putting as the priority. :D

Even thinking to ask the vendor if we can go into the garden of the property to start building their new house but we will need to use our power tools, the house is currently empty so its a bit cheeky to ask them to let us use the electric asell.

I really feel your pain

we packed up the bunnies and chippies last, they were the last to be put in the van and the first to be unloaded and set up in thier new homes. i did restrict Alvin and Hollly's space for a few days, just like when i bought them home from bonding... i was worried too much space too soon in an un nknown place would be too much.. but actually they were completely fine and had no issues at all :D

:wave: thanks for the replies guys, bella is the one im more concerned about. when ever me and the OH go on holiday and she gets looked after she hides and wont come out when people come to let her out and feed her :(
it then takes her a good week once we are back to 'forgive us' :roll: :lol:
i think i will attach her run to her cage and not rush her.she can make herself at home in her own good time :)

(me on the other hand, im sooooooooo stressed with it all it is driving me bonkers!!!!! :oops: )

Im moving soon too!!

Rimmi and Winter are currently in a pen. What I will do is transport them and then pen first. Set up the pen, and then shut them in.

That way, they will be out of the way of cleaning/packing at the old house, and in the quiet at the new house, but secure. All their things will still smell like them and they will have their hidey box.

:wave:

Hi, I have recently moved house with my buns :wave:

We moved them over to the new place very last, and tried to get the new place sorted as much as possible before moving them over so that it wouldnt be too noisy. I kept them confined to a small ish area for a few days to settle them in before allowing them to free range. I also made sure they had all of their familiar things around them, and didnt wash their beds and blankets so that it would smell familiar and comforting :wave:

Good luck with the move :wave:

thanks guys :wave:

my OH want their cages to be in he kitchen but i want them to be in the front room like they are now :roll: bella is a scaredy bun at heart and i knwo if she is in the kitchen she wont venture out of it :lol:

Im going to have mine in the livingroom...... its where people are so I can watch them, and away from smells of cooking.

Currently, our livingroom and kitchen are one room. I hate it.

It meant that when I accidently melted a plastic tub on the hob, I had to grab the buns and set them up a new temp base in the bedroom, away from the terrible smoke. :( Poor spuds.

Back