• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I feel like I'm forgetting him

Nicola1

Wise Old Thumper
I feel like I'm forgetting Eddie :cry::cry: I still think about him all the time, but I'm starting to forget what it was like to cuddle him and play with him, to give him nose rubs and laugh at his dog-like mannerisms. I don't want to forget :cry::cry::cry:

:( oh hunni, you'll never trually forget him. he's just been put in a box in your mind to help you deal with the pain of losing him. he's still there and when you least expect it something will remind you of him and it will all come flooding back (big hug) xx

I was looking through Sorrel's photos the other day and they reminded me of some stuff I'd forgotten she did, I felt so awful :( :(

What I found helpful shortly after she died, was to make a scrapbook with all her photos and little notes and stories about her silly little ways. :love: Maybe you could try something like that?

thank you :( I keep hearing Lily thumping around upstairs and it sounds like him. They would have been a perfect pair.

I feel like I'm forgetting Eddie :cry::cry: I still think about him all the time, but I'm starting to forget what it was like to cuddle him and play with him, to give him nose rubs and laugh at his dog-like mannerisms. I don't want to forget :cry::cry::cry:

Sorry to say this but I'm so glad you posted this as I'm having the same thoughts about my doggie who died in Feb, and I thought it was just me :cry:

It really does help when you know someone else thinks/feels the same way, so thank you for being brave enough to post this - I wasn't!

I sit some nights and question wether I miss her enough?
I obviously do as I'd seriously give my right arm to have her back fit and well, but I cope each day and feel I shouldn't :cry:

Hugs to you ((((Nicola))))
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I know what you mean though, when Bungle first died, I used to still feel him around me and I used to cry every day. Over tme, this calms and in the end you are left with some wonderful memories. But you only really remember a few regularly but are reminded time and again of other funny, cute or naughty things when you watch videos or look at pictures. This is our human mind making sure that we dont go mad with grief. Its what allows us to move on in life and love other people and things. But it never lets us forget the really important things.

Big hugs to you.

I know what you mean though, when Bungle first died, I used to still feel him around me and I used to cry every day. Over tme, this calms and in the end you are left with some wonderful memories. But you only really remember a few regularly but are reminded time and again of other funny, cute or naughty things when you watch videos or look at pictures. This is our human mind making sure that we dont go mad with grief. Its what allows us to move on in life and love other people and things. But it never lets us forget the really important things.

Big hugs to you.

This xx

Sorry to say this but I'm so glad you posted this as I'm having the same thoughts about my doggie who died in Feb, and I thought it was just me :cry:

It really does help when you know someone else thinks/feels the same way, so thank you for being brave enough to post this - I wasn't!

I sit some nights and question wether I miss her enough?
I obviously do as I'd seriously give my right arm to have her back fit and well, but I cope each day and feel I shouldn't :cry:

Hugs to you ((((Nicola))))
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

*hugs* :cry:

Thank you everyone xx

You will never forget him, the pain of losing them justs gets a little easier. We lost our Cocker last year and everytime I think of her now it makes me smile. We now have 5 dogs but Gypsy for all she had behavoural problems she was definately one in a million.

It is nice when you can remember the happy times you shared

I feel like that about Tilly too. At first her little ways and expressions were so fresh and raw that it hurt like crazy. But now I feel guilty that my life HAS gone on without her :cry:
She will always be in my heart though, as Eddie will always be in yours. Xxx

I feel like that about Tilly too. At first her little ways and expressions were so fresh and raw that it hurt like crazy. But now I feel guilty that my life HAS gone on without her :cry:
She will always be in my heart though, as Eddie will always be in yours. Xxx

This is exactly it. When I got in and saw he had gone to the bridge I was sat holding him and crying and crying and thinking I just can't carry on without him, but obviously I have :cry:
Thanks hun xx

Back