• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter Training

gwaterhouse

Wise Old Thumper
We recently moved Zoidberg to a new hutch outside, and trying to get him to use the litter tray downstairs in one of the corners of his hutch...

he only seems to be oging in his sleeping quarters though :-(

i've been moving poos into his litter tray for him, but I don't think that's doing much!

was wondering if anyone had any ideas/suggestions? what about moving his food downstairs, do we think that would make it more likely that he'd use his litter tray?

mine did the same, had to eventually give up and put the litter tray in the bedroom (put a hay rack up in there too, they still have the hay rack downstairs as they have a double decker), they sleep in the 'living area' any way!

mine did the same, had to eventually give up and put the litter tray in the bedroom (put a hay rack up in there too, they still have the hay rack downstairs as they have a double decker), they sleep in the 'living area' any way!

This is exactly what I've done with Cupcake, and it works a treat:)

Sox always pooped in the sleeping area, but he sleeps in the living area so I just put the litter tray where he likes to go. I got told to take all trays away then just see where he likes to 'go' and put the tray there. :)
x x x

just put the litter tray were ever he likes to do his buisness, put plenty of hay in it and it works a treat :D

Back