• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

wil my 2 rabbits be ok going outside next week???

kk_kayla

Mama Doe
ok so they were born in the house and have never lived outside. i put them out when the weather is nice. will they be ok?
i will get their vacinations before going outside.
theyy were born december 12th.

I think it's down to each individual rabbit, we bring zoidberg in over the winter and move him outside in the summer, he has a few days where he readjusts, but he's fine once he's got over the first few days....

just keep an eye on them and i think you'll be able to tell how they're getting on.

I'm currently transitioning one of mine to go outside. I would suggest a transition for yours too, because the big, wide world otuside can be scary with very, many new noises.

I'd start with a short amount of time (maybe half an hour) and gradually increase it up until they are clearly comfortable being out there from early in the morning until late at night, and then keep them stable like that forr a few days (bringing them in overnight), and then just go for it.

Wherever they live inside, have they been used to fresh, outside air? What are the temperatures they have been used to?

If they have only been used to house temperature (roughly around 18 degrees), then its still too cool overnight (some nights) to put them out unless they are used to colder temps in the house. They will need a longer transition if this is the case.

What are the temperatures like where you are? He should probably be okay. If there is grass you want to make sure he can't eat any of it until you have introduced it to him very slowly.

Back