• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

kiwi

thanks I'd eat it myself but i've got toncillitis and think it will be a bit acidic! I'll hope I'm well enough to eat it tomorrow before it gets too mushy!!!

Ive given Buster kiwi before, he was fine. Its ok as a treat but it is very sugary so dont give it too often :)

Mmmm don't know, I'm not sure I'd risk it to be honest, kiwi is hardly native to where bunnies come from, and even if it is safe, it's going to be incredibly sugary. Edit: according to this RWAF list, it's ok in moderation. Still not sure I would risk it though :lol:

http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/resources/content/info-sheets/safefoods.htm

Kiwi are native to China believe it or not.
They were brought to NZ by Cantonese miners in the later 1800's.
When I was a small child they were called the 'chinese gooseberries' here.
Then someone had a brainwave :idea: & all these years later they are deemed a super food.
Sorry not relevant to the OP's question :oops: but it is quite a cool story.
I hardly ever give them to the buns as they are packed full of emzymes so they don't really seem to like them all that much.
Guineas seem to like them more maybe because they are seeking out the high Vit C content?

i've tried my piggies with them before as i believe they're high in vit c but nopig liked them. (neither bun gets sugary stuff - eric doesn't like it and es gets a messy bum).

Back