• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

is snowball ok on the lead?

xx-snowball-xx

Wise Old Thumper
snowball was neutered on 20th april, so 10 days ago
do you think he would be ok on the harness in the garden by now, or wait a few more days

(please let's not turn this into a debate on harnesses though. i have an extendible lead for it so no chance of a broken back if he got spooked. he is also such a friendly bunny who comes when i call that i have no doubt at all that in the unlikely event that he did wriggle out, he'd come straight back)

Could you put him out in his pen in the garden?

i wish i could, but not really, i'd have to carry it downstairs and leave it down there while i came back upstairs to get lucas and snowball.
the neighbours already stole my pram and i'd be in a bit of a pickle if they stole his pen as well - i wouldn't put it past them :/

I'd probably leave it a bit longer for him to heal up, has he healed up nicely?
If he comes when you call him could you just let him free range in the garden?

i wish i could, but not really, i'd have to carry it downstairs and leave it down there while i came back upstairs to get lucas and snowball.
the neighbours already stole my pram and i'd be in a bit of a pickle if they stole his pen as well - i wouldn't put it past them :/

Your neighbours stole the pram!!! Gosh you really do need to move have you told the council? Would that not help bump you up the list?

I'd probably leave it a bit longer for him to heal up, has he healed up nicely?
If he comes when you call him could you just let him free range in the garden?

i shall leave him longer then, ta :)
he has healed really well, does real binkys and everything now lol.

the garden isn't secure, it's got a hedge around it with loads of gaps at the bottom. one side leads directly to a busy road (the road that killed 2 of my cats :()

this is one of the reasons i'm so desperate to move. as soon as i have a house, i am buying a big run for the garden which can either stay out there, or come inside when he isn't using it.
would mean he could be out a lot more often :)

Your neighbours stole the pram!!! Gosh you really do need to move have you told the council? Would that not help bump you up the list?

did i not post that on the forum?

yeah, it was a few weeks ago, 2 weeks before i went on holiday!
came downstairs and it was gone.

rang the police and they did nothing. spoke to the council and they blamed it on me (even though the whole reason it usually stayed downstairs was because i broke my wrist falling downstairs with it and they told me to just leave it down there and eliminate that problem)

they won't bump me up any more :( they are big meanie greenies LOL

did i not post that on the forum?

yeah, it was a few weeks ago, 2 weeks before i went on holiday!
came downstairs and it was gone.

rang the police and they did nothing. spoke to the council and they blamed it on me (even though the whole reason it usually stayed downstairs was because i broke my wrist falling downstairs with it and they told me to just leave it down there and eliminate that problem)

they won't bump me up any more :( they are big meanie greenies LOL

I might have missed it. Such a shame you arent closer you could live in my flat

I might have missed it. Such a shame you arent closer you could live in my flat

aw bless you :D
i might not have even put it up on here, i can't remember if i put did or not. there were certainly a lot of angry posts about it on fb around the time it happened though, i was raging :lol:

i think one of the fb posts might have included something about castration with garden shears............:oops:

aw bless you :D
i might not have even put it up on here, i can't remember if i put did or not. there were certainly a lot of angry posts about it on fb around the time it happened though, i was raging :lol:

i think one of the fb posts might have included something about castration with garden shears............:oops:

:lol::lol:

Unless you have a lot of long scratchy plants I think he'd be fine :)

i think i will wait until wednesday (which makes it 2 weeks) and take him out then.

the garden is boring - it's not even mine - it only has grass and then a bush / plant / thing in one corner :)

if he's healed up nicely and stiches should of by now disolved, then 2weeks should be fine, for him to go out, on harness, im not putting mabels harness on her for a while now, as with her being female, her operation site would rub on a harness, but a boy bunny should be fine :wave:

if he's healed up nicely and stiches should of by now disolved, then 2weeks should be fine, for him to go out, on harness, im not putting mabels harness on her for a while now, as with her being female, her operation site would rub on a harness, but a boy bunny should be fine :wave:

aw bless her, hope she's ok :)

Hmm just wanted to say is your extendable lead longer than your garden? Just that I'm sure extendable leads have more instances of broken necks (in dogs obv no real data on rabbits) as they allow the animal to build up speed before jerking them to a stop. A normal lead, especially the leads on a harness, dosent allow that.

Hmm just wanted to say is your extendable lead longer than your garden? Just that I'm sure extendable leads have more instances of broken necks (in dogs obv no real data on rabbits) as they allow the animal to build up speed before jerking them to a stop. A normal lead, especially the leads on a harness, dosent allow that.

thanks for the warning, i didn't know that :(

it's only a little garden and i got the medium sized lead, it's really long, i have it fully extended and walk around after him holding the excess loosly on the palm of my hand so that if he goes quicker than me, the lead slips through.

i bought the extendable one because i couldn't run after him quick enough, the short one isn't long enough, he had no room to move, it kept jerking when he was trying to run because he's quicker than me - plus, i don't think having a giant human running after a prey animal is much fun for him lol

he really loves his time in the garden though, if i didn't think he enjoyed being out on the lead or didn't think it was safe for him, i wouldn't let him do it.

i will be extra careful now that you have said what can happen with the long lead though!

Hi! I am raging about your pram now. The folk in the council deserve :censored: after that one. Do you have another? We're coming down to nr Stockport next weekend and I was wondering if you'd like our one. Three kids are def enough!!

Wow I never thought about that either, will have to remember that as everyone has to use harnesses and leads for rabbit jumping and longer ones are often used for faster rabbits
Scary thought isn't it :(

Hi! I am raging about your pram now. The folk in the council deserve :censored: after that one. Do you have another? We're coming down to nr Stockport next weekend and I was wondering if you'd like our one. Three kids are def enough!!
Aw bless you, that's a lovely offer, thank you. I have got one though, my mum lent me the money and I bought a new one :)
Thank you so much for the offer though :)

Back