• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

FAO CharlotteMc

Well, I have seen them in you videos but I would need a stand for them which is quite low, but can go higher (if you know what I mean)

How much would you be willing to pay? Dee Millen sells some great jumps which are built exactly like the pro Swedish ones

like this one ?
100802_173858-1.jpg

I made this jump myself and painted it. If you had the time to build one yourself then they are alot cheaper and you can make them the size and you want. I made 4 jumps on only £20 including wood and paint :)
or dee millen sell them they are abit more expensive but good quality. I dont have a dee millen jump but have used one at shows and they are pretty good.
If you want to make a jump I can tell you what you will need ? :)

If you want to gradually build up height I reccomend having smaller spaces inbetween bars, the rabbits are also less likely to go straight through them that way

If you're making them yourself, make sure there are no sharp bits that could hurt the rabbit, and the bars MUST be able to fall from both sides, as rabbits often turn round and go backwards on the course. I have some homemade jumps, they're quite easy to do, you need two side bits, a big bit on the bottom to stop them tipping over, and little wooden blocks to balance bars on, the blocks can be glued or screwed on. Bright colours are best for jumps so the rabbit can see them better :)

If you want to gradually build up height I reccomend having smaller spaces inbetween bars, the rabbits are also less likely to go straight through them that way

If you're making them yourself, make sure there are no sharp bits that could hurt the rabbit, and the bars MUST be able to fall from both sides, as rabbits often turn round and go backwards on the course. I have some homemade jumps, they're quite easy to do, you need two side bits, a big bit on the bottom to stop them tipping over, and little wooden blocks to balance bars on, the blocks can be glued or screwed on. Bright colours are best for jumps so the rabbit can see them better :)

Ok, thanx Demismith!

I used 4.5cm X 2cm soft wood for the sides of the jumps - you can by this wood in any lengh too.
and for the poles I used 2cm X 2cm wood again this comes in different lenghs. I then used screws to attach all the wood together and i used a hot glue gun to attach to pole holders (blocks) onto the side bits. Like Demi said i would make the gap betwwen the poles smaller so its easier to build up hieght. :wave:
Then i bought paint samples for £1.50 each.
hope this helps :)

Back