• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay in the north east:

lottielouise

Wise Old Thumper
know of any suppliers Ive just paid p@h for two 'large bales' what I would have paid for almost three farm bales, I can't afford those prices

I've never seen any, I just use Hay for Pets
Wilkinsons hay tends to be ok too. Not as good as proper bales but better than the P@H stuff (which mine wont eat at all)

Hay for pets gives you approx half a bale. There is a pet warehouse place in darlington which does bales but its only open 10 til 4 weekdays and on a sat 9 til 12 making it hard for me to get to. I think the bales are £7. I've been to a few farms I've had bales from before and they all saying there is a hay shortage and they are keeping what they have for their own animals. Although, I have been offered haylage. There is a fairly big hay pack what they do in the range for £3.50 but the quality seems a bit hit and miss (ive had two the buns have wolfed down and one they wouldn't touch), I find the strip lighting makes it difficult to tell throuh the plastic whet colour the hay is.

If you know anywhere I'd love to know, been searching everywhere for small bales.

Its the pet shop me and nicola use, I think(?) you could get it dropped off for £1 its a service the guy offers, I can asure you the pet shop I use is very good and knows all of its stuff theres very rarely any animals in there just a large selection of fish and a couple of hamsters, pm me if you want to know where it is, I just got my bale today for £8 its expensive but fantastic quality:wave:

can you travel?

I can travel within reason, if I can convince my uncle to let me have hay in his car :S

Hay for pets gives you approx half a bale. There is a pet warehouse place in darlington which does bales but its only open 10 til 4 weekdays and on a sat 9 til 12 making it hard for me to get to. I think the bales are £7.

With hay for pets which one is it that give you half a bale?

And whats the name of the place in darlington?

I can't remember the name I'll try look it up.

for Hay for Pets, 9.5kilos is approx half a bale. Its expensive but still works out cheaper than getting the little pets@home packets, because their eating hay is £3.49 (ish) for 1kilo, I think its still cheaper than the large bedding hay bales aswell but mine wont eat the bedding hay, they just nibble a little bit then pee on it.

Back