• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My new bunny Romeo!

Xsophia

Warren Scout
Hi everyone!

well... I found some hutches on preloved which looked absolutely fab and were only two months old so my dad said i could have them. We went to have a look and the man selling them had some gorgeous little lop bunnies and one lion lop. I spen ages admiring them whilst my dad looked at the hutch. The next day when my mum and dad went to pick up the hutch the man asked if we could take the little lion lop as he saw how much I loved the bunnies and he was going to sell him anyway.
So I am now the proud owner of Romeo(the name was a slight hint to my mum that we will need to get him a Juliet when he's neutered ;)). A 10 week old lion lop
DSCF4613.jpg

DSCF4611.jpg

DSCF4609.jpg
DSCF4608.jpg

DSCF4605.jpg

He is extremely friendly and very docile. But i have a few questions,
he's currently on shavings but as you can see form the pictures it get stuck in his fur despite lots of grooming. Would carefresh be any better?
I also started to mix on a tiny bit of our wagg rabbit pellets which toffee has with his normal food but his poos have gone really strange and arent big and golden they are small and stuck together, is the wagg too rich for him?
He's having his myxi vaccination next week, how old will he have to be for his VHD and can they be done at the same time?
And finally does anyone know of a good rabbit vet in Doncaster for his neuter?

Sorry for all the questions i just want to do my best for him. We've been bonding today as i'm off school with whiplash after a sailing incident :(
Hope everyone likes him xx

What a lush little bundle of fluff. Why were they selling him? They obviously haven't had him long or his he an unwanted litter?

What are these different poos like? Are they gooey, or like little bunches of grapes?

For bedding, yes I would definitely change :) Try megazorb it is cheaper than care fresh and comes in a large sack for about £8. Or you can just use newpaper and lots and lots of hay.

The vaccines are two weeks apart and I 'think' they can be given at 12 -14 weeks.

I can't hep but notice his eye in the last pic looks a bit red, I'm not sure if this his just his colouring or the picture or me :wave:

*squishes*

Just seen your thread on the piggy forum. :) Romeo is gorgeous! :love: I just use newspaper and hay for bedding but I've heard megazorb is good. :) I think it will be 2 weeks until you can get the vhd vaccination after the myxi one. :) Oh but it's national vaccination month next month and many vets are giving discounts on myxi jabs so it's best checking out the website to see if you have a vets near you and print off a voucher if you're bun qualifies for the age? :) Hope you feel better soon! xx

Back