• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Building a house next door, rabbits are scared of noise, what can I do?

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper
I live in a semi attached house and there's a field next door to mine and my neighbours house, which some one has now decided to build a house on. They've already started to clear the field yesterday and are carrying on today, just this is making noise with the machines and getting the buns scared :( They are alright at the moment though because they are getting used to it now, they will sit up and put their ears up or crouch low to the ground if a different loud noise is made by the digger etc. So they are ok at the moment, are still pottering round their shed, eating fine etc and went in their run fine but I'm so worried about further building :( What can I do to calm them down if I need to? Anything else I can do? I know about putting a radio on, I don't have one at the moment but can get one. I could also if they are very scared bring them inside where it's quieter and they like playing and running about inside, I won't have to worry about temp changes around now either.

We have a piece of land next to us and they are building a new build on it and we had the same problems at first with our buns, but they seem to have got use to it now. I just put the radio on and make sure the buns have something to take their minds off what's going on outside :)

Back