• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

taking on a family of bunnies

chance

Warren Scout
I won't bore everyone with the ins and outs ( on a previous thread !) But do you think it would be hard/impossible to find a suitable home for a family of four buns ? Do you think a bunny person would have the space/facilities for a ready made family ?

Thanks for opinions !

I don't think it would be very hard, there's quite a few people on here with four bonded bunnies. What's the previous thread if you don't mind me asking?

Of course someone would want them :love: I have 4 buns, 3 live together but hopefully the single will bond with them. :) They are having a new set-up being made with a shed and large attached aviary run so I'm sure someone with a similar set up would be interested. :)

We have found it very hard indeed to find a suitable home for a trio that we have had for rehoming for a very long time. They are a young family of mum and two sons, nothing wrong with them, except they are French crosses so size dictates much larger accommodation - but then for anything than a pair it would need to be big anyway.

Ours have had only one enquiry since they were listed on Rabbitrehome.org.uk last year but that turned out not to be a genuine offer.

You may find someone if you are happy to bunny run. But homechecking for a group at distance may be more difficult that locally where you can actually go and see for yourself.

We have a quad available for adoption. They have been rehomed once already and then came back (nothing relating to the rabbits or anything). I suspect we are going to struggle to rehome them as a quad, and they clearly think of themselves as a quad.

We did recently rehome a trio to an awesome home, which was brilliant.

I think its pot luck and luck of the draw sometimes.

Hi no not at all !

Basically I have rescued quite a few bunnies over the last 2 years , and have put 100 % iinto getting them healthy, friendly and into families.

Sadly I feel I can't keep up the level of interaction/ vet fees anymore, obviously they are all looked after amazingly !!

Its actually after joining this fab website and seeing how much everyone gives their bunnies that I feel I can't give this to each one:(

I have had a few months of high vet bills which I don't mind at all , it just scares me that if any others need treatment I just don't think I can afford it :(

Such a hard decision

Back