• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this hormonal? (following me around and peeing)

Pebblesetc

Mama Doe
Buckley has started doing something peculiar. Whenever I'm in his rooms he follows me around and pees wherever I stop. I don't think it's spraying because it's literally exactly like when he pees in is litter tray.

Is this normal? I try to herd him towards the litter trays but he won't budge, he likes to pee wherever I am.

I wouldn't mind but it's smelly and having to disinfect the quilt he has as a carpet worries me because, even though it's petsafe disinfectant, I'm worried that if he chews/ digs (he picks it up between his teeth and digs at it) where the disinfectant has been he might become unwell.

Edit: when I'm not there he is perfectly litter trained haha

Last edited:
I assume Buckley isn't neutered?

He's displaying classic signs of hormonal behaviour in my opinion, exactly as Biccy used to, but he NEVER urinated out of his tray :)

I assume Buckley isn't neutered?

He's displaying classic signs of hormonal behaviour in my opinion, exactly as Biccy used to, but he NEVER urinated out of his tray :)

Nope, he's only just 3 months old. I'm guessing this will probably happen until he is neutered? :)

hmmm I'm just thinking it sounds like hes doingg it where your scent is strong... are you wearing socks? or would wearing shoes maybe help? really not sure but its worth trying :)

Back