PDA

View Full Version : Is this hormonal? (following me around and peeing)

Pebblesetc
28-04-2011, 11:10 AM
Buckley has started doing something peculiar. Whenever I'm in his rooms he follows me around and pees wherever I stop. I don't think it's spraying because it's literally exactly like when he pees in is litter tray.

Is this normal? I try to herd him towards the litter trays but he won't budge, he likes to pee wherever I am.

I wouldn't mind but it's smelly and having to disinfect the quilt he has as a carpet worries me because, even though it's petsafe disinfectant, I'm worried that if he chews/ digs (he picks it up between his teeth and digs at it) where the disinfectant has been he might become unwell.

Edit: when I'm not there he is perfectly litter trained haha

GrahamL
28-04-2011, 11:11 AM
I assume Buckley isn't neutered?

He's displaying classic signs of hormonal behaviour in my opinion, exactly as Biccy used to, but he NEVER urinated out of his tray :)

allie1904
28-04-2011, 11:15 AM
Aww Bless!

Hope his plums make and appearance soon for you!

xxx

Pebblesetc
28-04-2011, 11:16 AM
I assume Buckley isn't neutered?

He's displaying classic signs of hormonal behaviour in my opinion, exactly as Biccy used to, but he NEVER urinated out of his tray :)

Nope, he's only just 3 months old. I'm guessing this will probably happen until he is neutered? :)

GrahamL
28-04-2011, 11:18 AM
Nope, he's only just 3 months old. I'm guessing this will probably happen until he is neutered? :)

Yup.

Are his furry teabags showing yet?

Pebblesetc
28-04-2011, 11:21 AM
Yup.

Are his furry teabags showing yet?

Not yet as far as I know, I'll have to check when OH is back home, handling Buckley is a 2 person job :lol:

nessar
28-04-2011, 12:32 PM
hmmm I'm just thinking it sounds like hes doingg it where your scent is strong... are you wearing socks? or would wearing shoes maybe help? really not sure but its worth trying :)