• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits and Goosegrass/sticky willy?

mattyp

Warren Veteran
Is there any danger to buns from goosegrass? It's that sticky grass stuff that gets stuck to clothes etc.

Is it bad if they eat it? And is there any irritation caused to skin by the balls/weed itself?

Goosegrass.jpg

:lol::lol: It does seem to strangle stuff, I had to remove a load from my sage on the allotment cos it was just suffocating it but have left some in our garden hidden by the garage to pick for the babbits.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
I was curious to know what sticky willy was!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I've got loads of it this year too - but when it catches on my clothes/skin, it makes me sore!

This extract from Rabbit Nutrition by Virginia Richardson

"All parts of the plant can be fed. It has an aquired taste"

" It is also a diuretic, and may help eliminate bladder stones"

That's even better as Marvin loves the stuff! It just gets stuck to Maisie's face :lol:

Oh, I didn't know bunnies liked this.....we always used to put it on our friends backs when we were kids, try not to get them to notice, then shout 'sticky willy' and laugh!
That was when kids went outdoors to play tho'! haha!

Oh, I didn't know bunnies liked this.....we always used to put it on our friends backs when we were kids, try not to get them to notice, then shout 'sticky willy' and laugh!
That was when kids went outdoors to play tho'! haha!

They'd call Social Services about that these days! rofl:lol::lol::lol::lol:

:thumb:

Someone else has said about it getting stuck but mine have never had those problems much. Occasionally they get it stuck to their backs but I just pull it off and it comes off easily. I thought Mischa might struggle cos he seems to have permanent numbness now round part of his mouth and struggles with some things (ie. bramble thorns) but he's fine with it too.

Back