• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Greenfly & Bunnies

Bitzy-B

Mama Doe
:wave:

I've noticed that some of the bunny friendly plants I've been growing for Dizzi and Rascal (in their aviary) have got greenfly!! :shock:

Is there anything that I can put on that's not harmful to buns but will get rid of it?? If not, will it do them any harm if they end up eating a few??

(I would imagine in the wild or just in a garden, they'd end up inadvertently eating some ....... really don't like the thought of it tho)!!! :?

.... new account?

I don't actually know but would presume they would eat around them, but wanted to comment because of your name and join date.

Hiya - thaaaanks!

Yeah previously just Bitzy but then wanted to change username then had to change back (cos apparently there was a rude word in the new username), so was waiting for that to happen, then the site went down etc etc so I just re-registered cos I was missing not posting!! :lol:

Think ladybugs are a natural predator?? I have a ladybug tower thingy and use some attractant powder to encourage them to come feast on the buggies :lol:

Think ladybugs are a natural predator?? I have a ladybug tower thingy and use some attractant powder to encourage them to come feast on the buggies :lol:

Of course!! I'd totally forgotten about them ....... and it wasn't so long ago my boss had me ordering ladybugs off the internet for his greenhouse! :lol:

Will have a look around for a ladybug tower thingy - brill idea! Thanks!!

They sell them in garden centres and you can buy them online - the tower thingys! I have been looking around for bugs when I go foraging for the buns - they like nettles best which is a pain - literally!

You can spray with soapy water, I think it needs to be done once a week or so though if they come back.

You can spray with soapy water, I think it needs to be done once a week or so though if they come back.

Will that be ok if the buns eat them afterwards tho??

I'm hoping to get the bunnies back outside this weekend and the greenfly are on the plants in their aviary so I remove them really! :?

Will that be ok if the buns eat them afterwards tho??

I'm hoping to get the bunnies back outside this weekend and the greenfly are on the plants in their aviary so I remove them really! :?

I'm not sure, I suppose it depends on whether you pick and then wash or let them eat straight from it.

Its actually planted in their aviary (we took up some of the paving slabs to plant grass, dandelions, clover etc etc) which they'll have 24 hr access to so we wouldn't be able to stop them just eating it .... unless we covered it but then that would kill it all off anyway!! :?

Back