• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Failing

chul

Staff member
What do you do if you think you are failing one rabbit from a bonded pair :cry:

i don't have a long haired bun so i don't have any experience with scabs but now she has been clipped and 'de-matted', will you be able to keep on top of her fur?

you haven't failed her - you have given her a loving home and asked for help when her coat became unmanageable!! i'm sure the scabs will drop off soon xxx

Hi hun Im on my phone so cant pm but Belle is a happy healthy rabbit. She wouldnt be doing all those binkies otherwise. The scab will heal and her fur will grow back. Can you get a soft bristled brush or the comb we talked about they would both help

Hi hun Im on my phone so cant pm but Belle is a happy healthy rabbit. She wouldnt be doing all those binkies otherwise. The scab will heal and her fur will grow back. Can you get a soft bristled brush or the comb we talked about they would both help

Thanks Kath, I am going to PAH tonight to find a better brush and am going to try and trim her a little more if I can. Just seeing the scabs shocked me I think :(

You work out what's going on and what's causing you to feel you're failing her, and then you work to improve it and change the situation.

Which you are.

You're not failing. ;) You've noticed there is a problem and you're taking steps to rectify it, that's all any of us can really do. :thumb:

Thanks Kath, I am going to PAH tonight to find a better brush and am going to try and trim her a little more if I can. Just seeing the scabs shocked me I think :(

Ok question for you. Do you think I am a bad rabbit parent? These are Alberts feet - they look awful but they are being treated and looked after and they arent bothering him so to me thats ok

DSCN0260.jpg

Ok question for you. Do you think I am a bad rabbit parent? These are Alberts feet - they look awful but they are being treated and looked after and they arent bothering him so to me thats ok

DSCN0260.jpg

No, you aren't. Bless him! Thanks for understanding and coming, I owe you big time x

Going to play it different :p

Belle's a long haired bunny. She's going to get the occasional matt etc, thats life. If the fact you can't stop that makes you a bad owner, then lots of others must be too :)

Ginger's messed up inside. Her kidneys dont work right, she can't gain weight past 1.7kg, no matter what i feed her, she has slightly sore feet now too (nothing like webbkaths!) her backend is weak etc.

Does that make me a bad owner too? :) :wave:

Going to play it different :p

Belle's a long haired bunny. She's going to get the occasional matt etc, thats life. If the fact you can't stop that makes you a bad owner, then lots of others must be too :)

Ginger's messed up inside. Her kidneys dont work right, she can't gain weight past 1.7kg, no matter what i feed her, she has slightly sore feet now too (nothing like webbkaths!) her backend is weak etc.

Does that make me a bad owner too? :) :wave:

You are right, and you are a wonderful owner :wave:

You're not failing. ;) You've noticed there is a problem and you're taking steps to rectify it, that's all any of us can really do. :thumb:

I think this too. Lucky had terrible matts when we got him - had to be shaved by the vets and he still gets them - no matter how much we groom. When i see one, i just snip it out.

Daisy just isnt prone to them at all.

At least you are now aware of the problem - this makes you a fab bunny owner because you are actually trying to help rather than ignore the problem. xxxx

Long haired buns are a challenge. Personally I love them and get great satisfaction out of making their coats tangle free. Yesterday I decided it was hot enough to give her her summer hair cut. I found a massive - about 1 cm x 1.5cm abscess under her chin. She is going to need three weeks of abx to get on top of it. I feel awful but am I a bad bunny mummy or did I just miss something. :wave:

Back