• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Scab after VHD Vaccine

Leximo

Young Bun
Buddy got his VHD vaccination last week on Wednesday, and only today I noticed he has a tiny scab over the spot where he had the injection along with a small amount of flaky skin. I just wanted to make sure that this was normal - it's nothing major and it isn't bleeding, however I just want to make sure that it wasn't anything bad. The surrounding skin doesn't look irritated and as far as I can see he hasn't been scratching/picking at it :)

another poster was asking about a scab on her bun last night and i suggested it may be from the vaccine. One of my buns had an allergic reaction to his VHD and ended up with black lumps on his neck/head/ears and it ended up all flakey so i shouldn't be too worried about it unless your bun has stopped eating/ drinking x

another poster was asking about a scab on her bun last night and i suggested it may be from the vaccine. One of my buns had an allergic reaction to his VHD and ended up with black lumps on his neck/head/ears and it ended up all flakey so i shouldn't be too worried about it unless your bun has stopped eating/ drinking x

:wave:It was me asking:shock:

None of my buns have ever had a reaction so was bit freaked out:shock::oops: plus i lost my Jem earlier in the year so was paranoid:oops:

Am sure its same as mine, very tiny scab and feels like a pimple.

:wave:It was me asking:shock:

None of my buns have ever had a reaction so was bit freaked out:shock::oops: plus i lost my Jem earlier in the year so was paranoid:oops:

Am sure its same as mine, very tiny scab and feels like a pimple.

This happened to Sergeant last summer when he had his first VHD jab. I didn't realise that was what it was though and took him to the vet. The vet said it was perfectly normal and he was fine and she even pulled the scab off. The only bad thing about it all was the amount I was charged for them to tell me this!

This year ive lost a bun:cry:, gained a new bun:D, tried to bond unsucessfully:cry: and had my son smash open his head:shock::oops:

Think this is why i freaked out when i found scab:oops::roll: am glad someone mentioned injections because it was only then i realised Flora had just had one:oops: or it could have been an expensive vet trip for me too!

Back