• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Worried About Brian

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
For weeks Brian has been very 'Spring Feverish', lots of humping and some spraying. He has been castrated for about 4 years !!

Then he started nesting, behaviour I have seen many times before in neutered Bucks. BUT for the last two days the nesting has taken on manic proportions and he is now also pulling out ALOT of both his and Bobbie's fur. I have never seen this extreme nesting behaviour in anyBun but a pregnant Doe.

I am starting to worry that Brian *might* have some UTERINE and or OVARIAN tissue- ie a hermaphrodite :?

Waiting for Laura or Wendy to call me back as *if* Brian does have some female reproductive organs then he is at risk of uterine/ovarian cancer unless I get HIM spayed ........:?

Why cant my Buns have 'normal' problems if they have to have problems at all...................

herman is humping crazy at the moment too. Not sure how Dave puts up with it tbh :( We are starting to think that his liver problems are affecting his behaviour somehow :?

we have also found that humping and fur pulling can be caused by acute pain in male rabbits. Just a thought

herman is humping crazy at the moment too. Not sure how Dave puts up with it tbh :( We are starting to think that his liver problems are affecting his behaviour somehow :?

we have also found that humping and fur pulling can be caused by acute pain in male rabbits. Just a thought

I would be astounded if he was in pain tbh

He is eating like a horse, VERY cheeky and interactive. Temp, resps and HR normal, urinalysis normal, no Dental issues, poos normal, ears normal, abdominal examination normal :?

So that is 2 of my posts that did not get through. Ho hum.

Anyway, I hope everything will be alright for Brian. He is one of your older bunnies, is that right ?

Hope the rest of your brood are well today. How is Freckle ?

Poor Brian, what started as a bit of a laugh is having some serious implications. Is there any way to check your suspicions out without having to operate? Do you ever get a day without something cropping up?

Back