• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Minstrel has gone to the bridge

mrs munkee

Mama Doe
Yesterday we made the heartbreaking descision to have her PTS.

Flystrike on top of her other incontinence problems. Couldn't bear to let her suffer anymore.

I held her as she slipped away at about 11am :cry:

Binky free little girl. We'll love you and miss you always

Binky Free Minstrel.

I'm really sorry Mrs Munkee, you guys gave a heroic fight. Minstrel was lucky to call your home her own.

I'm so sorry; it was a very brave but hard decision I'm sure. :( Sleep tight Minstrel, free from suffering. xx

Thank you for your replies and kind words. I can't believe it's been over a week already. I really miss cuddling her silky soft fluff :cry: and feeding time is hard. That last morning was the only time she wouldn't come over for food :cry: Have just cried my eyes out again reading this.

Thought you might like to see the memorial we are going to get for her. Since we only rent the house we decided we didn't want to bury her in the garden and one day have to leave her :(

http://www.firwel-crafts.co.uk/baby-moon-gazing-hare.htm

We particularly liked the significance of the celtic spiral and the links with the pagan goddess Oestre (after whom Easter is named) Seemed particularly poignant given the time of year.

And if you have or ever get a chance to visit Great Langdale in the Lake District, it is surely the location for Rainbow Bridge :)

Back