• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh no ive felt a scab!!!

Quick run down but ive only had Flora about 6wks and she was away bonding for a couple of days. She is an rspca bun who was fully checked before i re-homed her. She was a negect case so is very very skittish and although she has been to vets for her injections shes still not comfortable being petted.

She has been more tollerant on a night in hutch to a bum scratch and stroke and it was last night i found a scab behind her scruff. She had her last injection about 2 wks ago and thought it could be a scab from that (took advice).

Tonight i stroked her again along her back and found another tiny scab like pimple on her back, towards her bum but on top not undeneath.

Am gonna ring vets in morn but just wondered if it could be tics? Do they feel scabby?

Where do tics come from if thats what they are? I'll take Flopsy to e cheked out as well.

Any help greatly appreciated.

my bun had an allergic reaction to his VHD vax and he ended up covered in lumps which turned into scabs and they lasted a couple of weeks. They didn't bother him but he ended up really flakey.

Tics don't feel scabby, they feel like smooth lumps and are squidgy. Plus they get bigger. They are black and are absolutely gross. Plus they don't just disappear unless you remove them. (not without vet advice) It could be anything. Say she caught her head on something and had a little cut, she'd have a scab, or they were chasing... Or like someone said, a bit of a reaction to the jab. Keep an eye on her but if she is eating, pooing and drinking normally, then I'd say it's ok.
Also it could be left over from the bonding if they had a bit of a scuffle. It takes a while to scab over and small cuts etc are difficult to feel or see until they become scabs.

i wouldn't worry about it too much, like OP said if she is functioning normally then its ok.
If you're worried then deffo go to the vets, give you some peace of mind.

Thanks you guys:D

Never thought it could be scabs from their bonding suffles:oops::oops:

They did have a bit of a fur pulling session last week :shock: due to Flopsy trying to hump Flora and her telling him off:shock::oops::lol: so they are newly weds so to speak.

Guess its hard at moment as they are newly weds:oops: and she's still skittish with me so scabs could have been there a week and ive never felt them as she's only starting to come around to humans:cry: she is an rspca neglect case:cry::cry:

I'll keep a very careful eye on her.

Feel a bit of a neurotic bunny mum now!!:shock::oops::roll::lol:

Back