• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Holiday Bunnies ....

peaches-

Young Bun
Well heres the thing we r going on holiday soon and im quite tempted to take Dash & Daisy with us after their ordeal yesterday im quite worried about leaving them with anyone but me ... we r only going to an holiday camp over here so not traveling abroad as our daughter is a bit too young .. i was just wondering if any1 had taken ther bunnies to a holiday camp or anything like that ?? x

Hmm, i think i would advise against it as they can get extremely hot in the summer. I know its scary leaving them somewhere but theyre are lots of reputable boarding places around :wave:

If you take them with you, then remember they will still need a very large space. If they are outside they will obviously need weather proofing, and will need to be protected against passersby giving them anything or letting them or, things like that. You'll also need to be aware you won't know what predators are around so will have to be extra vigilant about things like foxes.

It might be preferably to find a responsible and recommended boarder to board them for you.

yeh i was just gona take the doggy pen for them and keep them in the caravan and keep the fan on in ther area so its nice and cool but im not overly sure .. we were thinking about leaving them with my partners mum, dad and younger sister who is loverly but a very excitable 14yr old who loves animals so im just worried about them being taken out and scared or dropped or lost :? x

i took my Kermit on holiday with me when he was ill. It was to a lodge for 5 days. As long as they have a large enough area and the caravan is cool then i think they would be ok, you know your bunnies better than us :)

yeh i was just gona take the doggy pen for them and keep them in the caravan and keep the fan on in ther area so its nice and cool but im not overly sure .. we were thinking about leaving them with my partners mum, dad and younger sister who is loverly but a very excitable 14yr old who loves animals so im just worried about them being taken out and scared or dropped or lost :? x

The fan only moves around hot air, if the caravan itself is very hot, the fan wont help them. I would strongly advise against it, those caravans can get so hot, we never used to take our dogs with is because its like leaving them in a hot car.

Why dont you enquire about some boarders? they will know what they are doing and then you can relax and enjoy your holiday. I think with friends/family its hard to enforce boundaries like "please dont pick them up and cuddle them" etc, where as with a boarder you pay for a service so they will do what you wish.

what area are you in, maybe we can recommend someone? :wave:

yeeh i dont no if it really is a good idea to take them i dont think we will.
thanks for all your help im going to have a look for board for them or possibly ask the breeder i got them from if she could have them for the week its just more money but they are worth it :) x

Back