• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Will this upset them???

I'm rehoming two bunnies (brother and sister) on Saturday and they are going to be a seperate pair to my existing two beauties! Although they will be able to see eachother when they are in their runs they won't be able to in their playhouse as its going to be partitioned between them. Will getting the new buns upset my other two? I just need some guidence as to what to expect as I'm new to keeping mutipul buns :wave:

Possibly, you may suffer from Referred Aggression if they can see/smell the other buns. Especially if you go near them wearing the same clothes, smelling of the other pair.

Other buns just dont care :)

Possibly, you may suffer from Referred Aggression if they can see/smell the other buns. Especially if you go near them wearing the same clothes, smelling of the other pair.

Other buns just dont care :)

This there is no way of knowing how they will react until they arrive. Will all buns be neutered/ spayed? Do you have a way of them not seeing each other if they do fight?

They won't be able to see each other while in the playhouse and the runs outside will be a good way from each pair of buns, my two at the moment are really placid so I'm hoping all will be well, but as you say, we won't know until they arrive. Would it be a good idea for me to get them used to each others sent first before we put them into the playhouse? The new ones are going to be staying in my kitchen for a week so we can finish the playhouse.

Back