• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Been back at vets with Grace UD a bit brighter, gumming one of Liz's biscuits!

Nicola1

Wise Old Thumper
Please send vibes for her :(

We went a couple of weeks ago about her weight loss, incontinence etc and she has started to gain again but last night she collapsed because she is so weak.

She's been treated for worms and for lice and mites because her fur is in such poor condition but obviously it's hard to tell if this is because of her weight or something else.

Poor Bun :cry: I hope that she will improve soon.

Is she one of your large group ?

Thanks guys. It's so difficult and frustrating as obviously she's too underweight to undergo any tests :cry:

She is one of the large group (although she's had problems since we got her as a single bun), we separate her from the others a few times a day to feed her porridge, pellets etc. The others are very protective of her, they huddle around her to keep her warm and groom her. ETA: losing Eddie really seems to have sent her downhill though :cry: she lost all her fight and joy for life when we lost Eddie

Hmmmmmmmmm, well personally I would not want such a frail Bun in a large group and would probably remove her with one other as a companion.
My concern being the potential for cross infection of an undiagnosed pathogen amongst other things.

Are you worming all the others too ?

I hope Grace can start to regain condition as she did before :)

Hmmmmmmmmm, well personally I would not want such a frail Bun in a large group and would probably remove her with one other as a companion.
My concern being the potential for cross infection of an undiagnosed pathogen amongst other things.

Are you worming all the others too ?

I hope Grace can start to regain condition as she did before :)

I am seriously considering separating her from the others, especially as she is so weak and the vet said she could have been knocked by another bun, but because they are all so close to her and protective of her it's a tough decision.

I haven't seen any signs of illness in the others, the problem with Grace is (sorry if you've already read this in other posts) is that she is severely inbred, we have had to have her teeth removed because they just grew straight out of her mouth, she has no tail and a massive dewlap even now when she is underweight and she just can't clean herself. So I think her problems are genetic rather than from an external contagious infection, although of course this isn't definite.

thank you. She is still quite listless today but she has eaten and the others are like a bunny forcefield around her :love:

I just gave the group some of Liz (Hugo's There)'s biscuits, I lifted Grace out to give her one to herself and she had already picked a bit up and tucked it into her mouth :lol::lol: she's sat gumming away quite happily on it. It's good to see some fight in her :)

Back