• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bringing the buns in overnight/for one day

Georgeypudding

Wise Old Thumper
What can I do to make it easier for them :wave:

Im having a party on the 2nd and there is going to be around 30people :)shock: ) so I have decided to bring the bunnies inside (on the night of the first, all of the second and probably the night of the second aswell.) so that they arent going to get over whelmed and stressed out, plus it will save some space, we really need all the space we can get :lol:

Im going to try and block off my bed as Sebastian used to wee on it :roll: and they will have a dog crate with thier litter tray and bowl in it, I can bring all thier toys in, tunnels, balls, sticks ect.

What else can I do to make it easier for them? Should I bring them in for visits so its not too scary? :?

Probably best they are out of the way if theres lots of people, no offence but once people have had a drink they may want to pick them up or let them out:shock:

Probably best they are out of the way if theres lots of people, no offence but once people have had a drink they may want to pick them up or let them out:shock:

thankfully my family arent like that, but to say I dont trust my mums friends (especially one) is an understatment :shock:

Sorry didnt realise it was family:shock::oops: i was thinking it was friend, not saying that you friends are like this:shock::shock: but if they have partners or bring friends with them.

Hope you know what i mean:) i digging myself a bigger and bigger hole everytime i try to explain myself:shock::shock::oops::oops: skulks off quietly........:lol:

FlopseyandJemsmum :lol: there are going to be friends too, my friends are nice, but mums friend Derri, has a bad history with rabbits, and likes to get drunk :evil:

This is what I would do if you are concerned about them adjusting.

Would you do anything else? :wave:

Would you do anything else? :wave:

I'd just get them being comfortable in the space, with you there too, and so that the space smells of them. When you move them that night then make sure they have stuff with their smells on (which you said you would).

The only other thing I would be thinking about would be noise. I would likely get them used to the tv/radio in the space at the same time you get them used to being in there, then you can leave it on and that will dull out any hubbub. I've found that some bunnies like particular programs weirdly, so if you happen to know what, then you can put that on (My Moon used to like watching Friends, and Flash used to like The Simpsons, Hay Monster just points himself at whatever we are watching :lol:).

But you sound like you've got things well in hand.

I'd also probably provide dstractions and challenges, like with the food, to keep them busy that night.

thankyou lovely, you're always so helpful :love:

I think I'll get them used to the tv and radio :)

Just need to find ways of making the space interesting, food doesnt last very long in this house :lol:

you will probs find they will like it! its a new place to explore and trash aha !xx

:lol::lol: oh yeah!

Now ladies, do you have any suggestiongs for things for them to do? I was thinking plastic plant pots with food under them but Ive now run out of ideas :lol: I need to stay away from cardboard as much as possible as Sebastian eats it :roll:

:lol::lol: oh yeah!

Now ladies, do you have any suggestiongs for things for them to do? I was thinking plastic plant pots with food under them but Ive now run out of ideas :lol: I need to stay away from cardboard as much as possible as Sebastian eats it :roll:

ummm yhh hide treat around the place! also hide treats in hay and stuff into loo roll tho that cud be classed as a cardboard item:lol: )

mine LOVE the treat balls! they will push them around even when empty!!

ummm yhh hide treat around the place! also hide treats in hay and stuff into loo roll tho that cud be classed as a cardboard item:lol: )

mine LOVE the treat balls! they will push them around even when empty!!

yep toilet rolls will be eaten :roll: :lol: I might have to get a new treat ball, Sebastian never used his old one but likes the cardboard ones I used to make for them, so he may have changed his mind :lol:

Back