• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I feel so bad...my rabbits had a fight and I had to separate them...:(

zayna1

Warren Scout
So bailey was spayed on tuesday, and is recovering in a playpen in the living room...She was with her bonded friend Monty until this morning...I came downstairs and there was bits of fur in the cage, pellets were spread out literally all over the living room (flying out of the cage!). Neither was hurt seriously, but I really can't risk Baileys wound being hurt in a fight :( They did have a minor squabble yesterday, but they got over it and were cuddling afterwards. I've set up the hutch in the shed for monty tonight, and as usual he will be free ranging in the garden tomorrow. I just feel so bad. He's going to be outside all alone....:( theres no space to keep him in the house if not in the playpen with bailey. Also as i'm at school tomorrow I won't be able to keep an eye on them...I don't want to risk it. :(:(:(:( I feel really really bad

You're doing the best thing. :)
He might be picking on her as she's under the weather from the spay and he is seeing her as weak. Or maybe she smells funny. Let her recover and then you can bond them from scratch. I'm sure it'll be fine and he'll be okay as it's not for too long. Just give him extra cuddles.

You're doing the best thing. :)
He might be picking on her as she's under the weather from the spay and he is seeing her as weak. Or maybe she smells funny. Let her recover and then you can bond them from scratch. I'm sure it'll be fine and he'll be okay as it's not for too long. Just give him extra cuddles.

I completely agree with this.

Also, do check them over for the next couple of days because often wounds take a while to show up.

I had exactly the same situation a few weeks ago. My bunnies live in a shed, but I had to put one of the bunnies in a hutch for a few days, which I felt awful about, as she is used to having the run of the shed and attached run. I had to do it though, and kept trying them back together every couple of days. The first couple of times, they still fought, but the third time, it was back to normal - like nothing had ever happened!:?

Back