• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Acupuncture - how long to get a result?

Kermit

Wise Old Thumper
I know that it doesn't always work, but if acupuncture is gonna work then generally how many times until you notice a result?

Inca has her first session tomorrow for her bad leg, she has one a week for a month, then hopefully can reduce the frequency down after that.

Last edited:
It varied from bun to bun, our vet said we would know if it would work by week 3 but there was adefinite improvement after session 2 for Wesley :)

I hope it works for Inca, I cannot recommend it highly enough :D

I have only had it done on my Spaniel,I noticed an improvement after the second session and by the fourth her normally red stained legs,through constant licking,where a normal colour.Good luck xxxx

With Chudleigh Elvis I noticed a very slight improvement which lasted for a couple of days after the first session, he has had three sessions now and you can see a definate improvement in him but we are doing physio with him as well

Good luck, with mine it has varied- Smudge was completely zonked after her first session and I saw an immediate improvement ( after she woke up :lol:)
Deli took 3 sessions- 2 weeks apart- and it wasn't dramatic but she now gets them monthly and towards the end the month she is really bad and a day after the acupuntcure she is markedly better.

Well Inca has her second session tomorrow, i m hoping for some sort of result. She managed to get four needles in last week and was grinding her teeth (good grinding), but she was a bit restless. Think she should manage more needles tomorrow.

Her leg definately has not been any better, she was holding it at a complete right angle to her body earlier :(, but it is not stopping her normal behaviour at least.

Back