• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

ralph is in stasis again please send vibes

Candiflare

Mama Doe
I have liquid metaclopramide here the vet gave me for the next time it happened - anybody know of the dose I should be giving him? He's just below a medium sized rabbit.

I'm not sure how often he has had stasis but metaclopramine should only be given if you are absolutely sure there is no blockage, as the consequences of it moving the blockage along to somewhere more serious is a risk. I know you've said your vet gave it to you to use but I personally wouldn't be happy taking the risk if I wasn't 100% sure there was no blockage.

Edit to add: Sending vibes as well!

Last edited:
I'm not sure how often he has had stasis but metaclopramine should only be given if you are absolutely sure there is no blockage, as the consequences of it moving the blockage along to somewhere more serious is a risk. I know you've said your vet gave it to you to use but I personally wouldn't be happy taking the risk if I wasn't 100% sure there was no blockage.

i agree with this... i am very wary about gut stimulant when a vet gives it so i dont give it myself until after i have seen either the vet or poop.

metacam usually get alvin eating without the metaclop (even tho it is prescribed)

sending loads and loads of vibes xxxxxxxxx

Ditto

Hope he feels better soon xx

Thanks for the advice. Would you advise metacam while waiting for the vet to call back?
Think I'm going to have to claim on insurance for this one....

Thanks for the advice. Would you advise metacam while waiting for the vet to call back?
Think I'm going to have to claim on insurance for this one....

if it has been prescribed then yes i would :D my vet said i have to give the drugs 12 hours to work before i panic with Alvin, thankfully he has never got bloat and usually after a few hours of metacam he is back to normal... i usually take him to the vet for a quick check up the next day just to make sure its not something more than stasis, so far it never has been more serious than the gut stopping

Hope he feels better soon. My Beatrix has only just recovered from this. Its horrible. Sending soothing tummy vibes xxx

Argh, what is going on at the moment, theres so much stasis around? :?:(

How is Ralph this morning? Hope he is feeling better :wave:

Back