• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

PLEASE Help U/D cupcake and nahla too?!

chloemurray

Warren Veteran
Ben has sore hocks. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do, please advise.

I also found a pea size lump on his side, it's not attached but I'm scared.

UD LAST POST

Last edited:
Without being able to see both its really hard to give any advice other than to make an appointment with the Vet tomorrow.

Can you post a photo of the sore hocks ?

Where on his side is the lump ?

He's got a pink bump on his back foot with a yellowish scab over the top. There's slight hair thinning in other places on his back feet too, so I'm worried it's going to develop there as well.

ETA he's actually got about 4 sore spots.

The lump on his side is halfway between his bum and his front leg, it's definitely only in his skin.

are his claws too long? when i let Alvin and Holly get too long claws (after the move no real excuse except i was scared about finding a new vet) Holly looked like she was starting to get sore hocks... soon as i got the claws done the sores/red skin went away :D

i have also stopped using softener when i wash the towels and duvet covers, just in case :wave:

are his claws too long? when i let Alvin and Holly get too long claws (after the move no real excuse except i was scared about finding a new vet) Holly looked like she was starting to get sore hocks... soon as i got the claws done the sores/red skin went away :D

i have also stopped using softener when i wash the towels and duvet covers, just in case :wave:

I don't think so but I could clip his claws just in case. Thanks:)

I would pop to the vet this week and see what they suggest.

Poppy was given Dermisol cream for her hocks, not sure if this is still the recommended treatment though.

What flooring are they on?

First of all, stupid question, but could the lump be a nipple?
If not it could be a fat deposit or a cyst so don't panic just yet. The vet will either want to monitor it or do a biopsy.

Can't help with the feet but I know everyone else has loads of advice.

Just take a minute to calm down as you'll be a lot more productive with a clear head. (Not that I can talk I freak out when anything happens to my pets).

In the short term (before you can see the vet) what has he got on the floor of his hutch? I believe a deep layer of hay is best for sore hocks. It could stop it getting anyworse before you get to the vet :)

I would pop to the vet this week and see what they suggest.

Poppy was given Dermisol cream for her hocks, not sure if this is still the recommended treatment though.

What flooring are they on?

He was on megazorb and hay, but it was quite a stalky hay so that might have caused it. I've just been out and cleaned and disinfected his hutch, and he now has megazorb and very soft meadow hay in his litterbox and thick fleece everywhere else.

First of all, stupid question, but could the lump be a nipple?
If not it could be a fat deposit or a cyst so don't panic just yet. The vet will either want to monitor it or do a biopsy.

Can't help with the feet but I know everyone else has loads of advice.

Just take a minute to calm down as you'll be a lot more productive with a clear head. (Not that I can talk I freak out when anything happens to my pets).

It's definitely a lump:cry:

And yeah I'm trying to be calm but he's my baby, I can't bear the thought of losing him or him being in pain:(

Lots of vibes for benji! :love:

What type of bedding is he on chloe? xx

He was on hay and magazorb, but the hay was quite stalky so that may have caused it. This has literally all happened in the space of like a day:( I've just cleaned his hutch out and he'll now be on a thick layer of soft fleece to cushion it.

On the advice of the emergency vet I also put some antiseptic cream on them xx

He was on hay and magazorb, but the hay was quite stalky so that may have caused it. This has literally all happened in the space of like a day:( I've just cleaned his hutch out and he'll now be on a thick layer of soft fleece to cushion it.

On the advice of the emergency vet I also put some antiseptic cream on them xx

Umm so nothing that would cause any problems, I guess you could try a couple of towels in there just for softness?:?

Have you got sudacrem, I know you can use it on pigs I'm using it on matilda until I get to the vets tomorrow but Im not sure about rabbits xxx

Umm so nothing that would cause any problems, I guess you could try a couple of towels in there just for softness?:?

Have you got sudacrem, I know you can use it on pigs I'm using it on matilda until I get to the vets tomorrow but Im not sure about rabbits xxx

yeah we do have some of that, I'll put a tiny bit on before I put hiim outside for the night. I've been watching his behaviour and he seems perfectly normal. Climbing all over me, binkying... xxx

Back