• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Jack has been hospitalised :-( -ud he's gone.

MichG

Mama Doe
Got home and found Jack not moving, not eating and a back end covered in poop all stuck in his fur. So rushed him to emergency vet who thinks he is in stasis with caecle impaction, she also thinks he may have pasturella :cry: so he has been hospitalised and put on a drip, syringe fed, pain killers, antibiotics, metaclopramide etc. My poor baby boy.

I feel sick with worry. Please can I have some vibes? He really really needs it right now :cry:

Last edited:
Thanks for the vibes. I am just terrified he will die. I wish i knew what caused it. I hate how these things come on so quickly.

Oh No!! Sending tons of vibes for Jack bunny. x x ETA has he been out on grass or anything like that?

Their run is technically on grass but is static so it's more mud now... They normally have a grass everyday during free range time, so had some yesterday but not today. They have a lot of hay in the run instead. He is angora x so could his fur be part of the problem?

I'm so sorry, you must be frantic :(

Your vets sound like they're on top of things though, at least you can be sure he's in the best place.

Send0ing lots of vibes :love:

Their run is technically on grass but is static so it's more mud now... They normally have a grass everyday during free range time, so had some yesterday but not today. They have a lot of hay in the run instead. He is angora x so could his fur be part of the problem?

maybe if he's ingested a lot if he's moulting. Which vet is he at?

maybe if he's ingested a lot if he's moulting. Which vet is he at?

Taverham, Norwich night vet. Apparently the vet who is on tonight has a certificate in exotics her name is Lenka I think. Still doesn't help the worry. Never had a bun with stasis before.

Back