• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is reflected sun as good as direct sun?

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
I know it's good for bunnies to get a bit of sunlight and as our garden doesn't get it for much of the day I try and encourage the rabbits to go in it while it's there. When I show them the sun they usually sunbathe until it's gone.

Since I set up the ramp to the top of the hutch they have been obsessed with being up there. The sun reflects off the kitchen window right onto the top of the hutch and they now sunbathe there. Is that as good?

Not sure about reflected sunlight, but light that has travelled through glass isn't as good.

It's fine and would be just as good as the first hand stuff. I wouldn't worry about the amount of sun they get. Just being outdoors they are going to get a lot more than an indoor bun :)

It's probably going to be a plus over summer as direct sun can get very hot so a little bit for some of the day and then some shade is a good thing.

It's fine and would be just as good as the first hand stuff. I wouldn't worry about the amount of sun they get. Just being outdoors they are going to get a lot more than an indoor bun :)

It's probably going to be a plus over summer as direct sun can get very hot so a little bit for some of the day and then some shade is a good thing.

Thanks. :)

Glass does block out most UV radiation, but I don't know whether that counts for reflected light :?

Glass blocks UV of light that goes through it, if it bounces off then it's just acting like a mirror.

Back