• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wish is all spayed and better now UD post 35

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
At the grand old age of one year, Wish has decided she has hormones.

We have previously (on discussion with our vet) NOT spayed Wish because of the risks of it. And we said we would reassess it once she got to three years or so.

However, her hormones are now causing problems with her bondmates and its quality over quantity, so we have to give it a go because her other option is living alone; not good quality. She's heathier than ever before, so nows the time to do it.

Not a great thing to wake up to see- Wish having a 'free ride' on Autumn. :roll:

Last edited:
:shock:

There's something i bet you never thought was going to happen!

Bucket loads of vibes for Swish Wish for her pre-op tomorrow!

Lets hope she's, er, kind of normal inside!

Definitely agree with quality over quantity and that it will let them stay bonded. I hope all goes well for her.:wave:

Thanks guys. She was so funny yesterday, it was likey she had decided Autumn was her very new best friend. Whenever I saw her, she was smirged against him and touching him. At one point, he was wedged in a tiny space, head first, that she couldn't get in, so she was all snuggled up with his tail. :lol:

Wish was spayed and had a dental today. She's round and ready to come home so I'm going to get her shortly.

She was also all girl!

This is going to be interesting. Wish is back, but so, so skinny. Presumably, this is relating to her metabolic issues. We know she processes things fast, but she has lost size in the same way that Summer did when she had a diuretic.

So, its even more key that she starts eating. Thankfully, she is already nomming some hay.

She's bright, but a bit sleepy, and still interested. But, I'm not sure how 'ok' her backend is though. She is holding it strange (which is to be expected), but its wobbly too. Not sure if that's the weightloss or something else.

So pleased the spay and dental went well. Good Wish is eating hay. Much better than most bunnies that have just been spayed.

Sorry I am never any good with advice, but hope the back legs wobbling is the recovery from the op.

I'm struggling to keep Wish warm. she's very lethargic if she gets cool, but is brighter when on a warm snugglesafe.

She's hardly using her backend now though.

Some more painrelief has perked her up. She is using her back end more and is slightly more active. She has warm ears now though, and looks more alert. She is eating tiny bits but if she could speak I'm sure a miriad of swear words would be coming out of her mouth at me because I'm annoying her with trying to feed her.

Syringed her a few mls of water so hopefully that will see her through.

She is pooing for England though!

Back