• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I feel so guilty and now have a problem...

I went away on holiday last week and a very kind neighbour who has 2 bunnies offered to look after the 4 buns and 2 piggies for me. She'd looked after them before and did a brilliant job. :)

Came back yesterday and went to see her and poor thing was terribly ill. :cry: She could hardly speak. She had had 4 asthma attacks whilst looking after my pets and at one point her husband was going to call the ambulance. :shock: When she went round to see to the pets she had a soaked blanket around her face. She also had to give mischief his meds which she was fab at. She even brought round treats for the buns. :love:

She said it was the shed that set her asthma off, must have been the fur and hay dust, I'm not sure. It's clean in there but it brought on her asthma really bad. :( She is a lovely person and I feel so guilty. When she was talking to me when I got back from my holiday she broke down saying she'd failed me because she can't ever look after them again. :( It's not her fault though, she can't help being ill! :( She loves my pets so much and is so upset that she can't spend time looking after them. It's me who is more upset though, for making her go through the week like she was! Her husband told her she had to stop as it was really bad but she said "I'm not letting them down, I will do it this week but I can't look after them in the summer." So she carried on for us but she really shouldn't have. :( I would have asked my grandma even though she wouldn't have wanted too.

So yeah, I feel awful and to make matters worse, I have no idea where my animals will stay in the summer when I go away as she said ages ago she'd look after them and we'd care for hers whenever she needed us. All boarding places are probably booked up now. :(

Aww what a fab neighbour you have!!! You weren't to know she would be ill though! You have nothing to feel guilty about :wave: as for what you will do in the summer, when are you going away? How long have you got to sort something out? Is there anyone on here who lives in your area who could maybe help out? Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be able to sort something x

Sorry to hear about your friend, I know somebody who is very allergic to cats and who has ended up staying in hospital several times, the doctors insisted she rehomed her cats and had her home professionally cleaned, she was awfully upset as she had owned cats all her life, when an allergy affects breathing you have to be very careful. You didn't know she would be affected though so do not feel guilty, ask your vet if they know of any pet sitters or people who can board your buns

Lots of boarding places will still have spaces, I used to be about 50% full for summer by this time so you will find somewhere dont worry.

I had cut down on boarders because of my asthma it can be very bad, but the weather has made mine worse so it prob didnt help your neighbour too. she sounds lovely, dont feel guilty though its not your fault.

she sounds like a nice person :love:

Thanks :) Problem is most boarding places don't have big enough accommodation for a group of 3 :( It's also terribly expensive for me as I'm 15 and only earn £15 a week....

I save up money for the buns but I don't really want to spend it all on boarding as it is for vet bills which right now are frequently. £10.50 every month for Mischief's teeth burring and I've just paid out £90 for his molar spurs to be fixed and this may be a frequent thing. :cry: Of course my parents would help out but I'd have to pay them back in time and that's hard to do when I'm constantly paying for vet bills. :(

Aw, try not to feel bad, you weren't to know. What a lovely lady.

I hope you find somewhere for your pets, I'd offer if I was closer!

Aww what a fab neighbour you have!!! You weren't to know she would be ill though! You have nothing to feel guilty about :wave: as for what you will do in the summer, when are you going away? How long have you got to sort something out? Is there anyone on here who lives in your area who could maybe help out? Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be able to sort something x

Thank you, if anyone can help, this is the info:

I'm in West Yorkshire and could drop off pets anywhere not too far away. They are up to date with vaccinations. :)

Last edited:

I'm in West Yorkshire and could drop off pets anywhere not too far away. They are up to date with vaccinations. :)

May also be useful information if you wrote, what accomadation they could be kept in and what things you'll be bringing with them :wave:

Last edited:
Sorry about your friend, please try not to feel bad as you weren't to know your furries would make her ill!

Are Tuckerbunnies too far from you?

xx

What a lovely neighbour you have. Perhaps you could make her a thank you card to say thanks for all her help, it might make you feel a little better about the whole thing. :)

Aww sorry to hear that, don't blame yourself though :) There's a mini rex breeder in Brighouse, maybe they could help?

West Yorkshire isn't too far from me but unfortunately I haven't got any space to put them! :( there is space in the garden but there are lots of cats round here and they wouldn't be safe :( otherwise I would have loved to have them. :wave:

Last edited:
Back